more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Razberry  (Read 13908 times)

April 21, 2014, 11:51:50 AM
Read 13908 times

dutchie

• Information
Is there anyone who managed to get a Razberry working with HG?

If I want to include a node the red led on the Razberry is lit (I think it should be this way) but the operation always fails (timed out). The red led keeps lit until I click "exclude node".
So it seems like the Razberry freezes.

April 22, 2014, 10:20:46 PM
Reply #1

d-home78

• Information
I was faced to the same situation : time out happens and the red led stays on. But the device was enroled when I check the list of modules in configuremaintenancemodules clean up. That was with r333.
Now, with the latest release (r364), it is worse : after few hours, Razberry is asleep : the "get" and "set" actions doesn't activate Razberry and I have to disable/enable Razberry to restart and avoid the ugly "NA%" message.

April 22, 2014, 11:49:53 PM
Reply #2

dutchie

• Information
I'm on r368 now and still can't add a node.
After 3 try-outs it freezes again
 :(

April 23, 2014, 06:18:38 PM
Reply #3

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Guys Razberry is not tested. It was working with older release as reported by some user in the sourceforge forum.
Just wondering if you add nodes using some other software do the rest work with HG (eg. controlling nodes)?
So, is it just the node add/remove not working?

Cheers,
g.

April 24, 2014, 03:37:06 PM
Reply #4

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi dutchie,

did you try this?

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/raspberry-pi-serial-port

if there is a terminal enabled by the system on the ttyAMA0 port, this may interferer with other software that are trying to use it.

Cheers,
g.

April 24, 2014, 08:48:57 PM
Reply #5

dutchie

• Information
Guys Razberry is not tested. It was working with older release as reported by some user in the sourceforge forum.
Just wondering if you add nodes using some other software do the rest work with HG (eg. controlling nodes)?
So, is it just the node add/remove not working?

Cheers,
g.

I know it is not tested (I even have doubts about the product itself), I asked here because I was curious.
I tried other sofrware:
1. Z-wave; hard to install and get it working. I had it running, because of it was middle of night I went to bed and the next days the server wasn't reachable anymore so no devices added.
2. Freedomotic; had troubles with the JDK install, never managed to set it up.
3. Domoticz with open-zwave; Couldn't find any add node button, I was advised to install the dev version. While compiling the dev version I got errors (something with kernel).

So I don't have any devices in the network through the PI. I already ordered an aeon z-stick (I have to get my z-wave back in use again before my wife gets upset).
I'm not familiar with linux (also no real programming experience) so I can only play around with the Raz to get it working. I don't know what to do to really test it.

So is the Raz crappy overall, is my Raz crappy, or is it me due inexperience  ;D

April 24, 2014, 08:55:51 PM
Reply #6

dutchie

• Information
Hi dutchie,

did you try this?

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/raspberry-pi-serial-port

if there is a terminal enabled by the system on the ttyAMA0 port, this may interferer with other software that are trying to use it.

Cheers,
g.

I read about that on some other sites, I even had a tool to enable or disable it with a simple command. I discovered that on my PI it is not standard enabled, but if it is enabled the red led on the Raz won't lit up if I want to add a node. So it seems to be true.

April 25, 2014, 09:27:17 AM
Reply #7

mvdarend

• Information
I received my Raspberry Pi and Razberry yesterday and set them up in the evening (including switching off the port)

Today I should receive my Z-wave switches (and an Aeon z-stick just in case), I'll let you know if it works for me.

April 26, 2014, 07:53:51 AM
Reply #8

mvdarend

• Information
Unfortunately, I cannot get the Razberry to pair with the devices, the Z-stick pairs with the wall switch (the fibaro Roller shutter is giving me problems though)

I haven't tried pairing through the Razberry interface though, might try that later.

April 26, 2014, 11:07:19 AM
Reply #9

tischan

• Information
Last version that I had Razberry working on was the 324 it brook when I was upgrading to 345 and do not work with the latest 370.

For the 370 it do not work when adding a z-wave module/node to a group. Due to the fact that you only get the HomeAutomation.HomeGenie.Automation and HomeAutomation.PhilipsHue module/nodes in the list.

So installing works fine adding a node in the interface screen also no problem.

April 26, 2014, 11:15:57 AM
Reply #10

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
So, correct me if I'm wrong, the only problem is that after adding a node HG won't refresh the list of available Z-Wave modules?
What happen if you disable and re-enable the Z-Wave interface from the Configure->System page?
Does it update the modules list then?

Cheers,
g.

April 26, 2014, 11:24:23 AM
Reply #11

tischan

• Information
Yes, the list got updated. I could added it and it works.

Checked a lot of thing but never tried the standard "turn it on and off".  :D

Thanks!

April 26, 2014, 11:29:42 AM
Reply #12

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
All right, glad to see it's working with this trick.
I was finally able to understand and locate the bug, so fixed it and the modules list will now get updated right after a node add operation.
I think I will be replacing later on today the r370 files on sf.net with this little fix.

Thanks!
g.

April 26, 2014, 11:33:54 AM
Reply #13

dutchie

• Information
Installing r370 manaually now (there is no update through system)

April 26, 2014, 11:40:44 AM
Reply #14

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi dutchie,

to get this working, you have to give me some time to upload r370 files with the fix =)
Otherwise, you have to enable/disable the z-wave interface after any node add/remove operation, in order to get the modules list refreshed.
I'm packing the .deb file first so you can download it soon.
I'll post a message here in a couple of minutes to let you know, so you can test and report.

Cheers,
g.