more G-Labs products

Author Topic: The New Scheduler  (Read 3549 times)

August 01, 2016, 05:09:49 PM
Reply #15

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Are you asking for a way to use the ambient light level for something?  If you want to do that, I would not rely on a web server (weather underground for example) to determine the cloud cover at a location.  In my area, it could be raining all day in one area and relatively clear just a few miles away.  I doubt the server would be capable of getting it right for exact locations.  If you want to know light levels, you'd be better off setting up a luminescence meter of some kind.

September 06, 2016, 09:53:58 PM
Reply #16

Michel

• Information
I like the new scheduler, but I'm wondering where are the Sunset and Sunrise times in the scheduler coming from ? WU says that my Sunset time for today is 19:21,  but in the scheduler it is 19:34. If I create an Expression for a module let's say @Sunset-15 minutes, and I place my cursor on the Expression, it reports 19:07 which is correct by WU time. I have the correct Longitude and Latitude for my location in the maintenace screen.

September 06, 2016, 11:14:07 PM
Reply #17

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I don't know how Gene incorporated the feature, but sunrise/sunset are calculations that anyone can do.  They are not simple, but they break down to the latitude and longitude of the position you are interested in.  The equation uses this position to determine angle of sun on a given date that will result in the specified sunrise/sunset time.  If you really want to know about the equations (outside the scope of what you were asking about), check out the wikipedia and NOAA pages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunrise_equation
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/grad/solcalc/sunrise.html

Without knowing anything else, I'd guess that WU is reporting a different definition for sunrise/sunset than Gene is using in the scheduler.

September 17, 2016, 12:00:03 PM
Reply #18

codedmind

• Information
I there.
With the lastest version beta 525 i'm missing shutter on and off ... before i set in each module to turn on and off in sunrise and sunset.

How this can be done now?

September 17, 2016, 01:48:50 PM
Reply #19

mchias13

• Information
If you are doing one thing then it's quite simple. I think this is what you are looking for:

Instructions:. (hope easy to follow)
1) go to scheduler page
2) click add new event (bottom right of screen)
3) name event.  For a light I would do Lights.<description of light>.On
(The "Lights." will put it in the group for lights)
4) click on the clock icon on the end of your new event
5) in pull down menu select "custom script"
6)
For a light to turn on once
@Solartimes.Sunset
7) go to modules (I think that's the wording between code>xxx>script)
8 ) select your light or whatever module you are controlling
9) go to script and from pull down select "turn on"
10) repeat all steps for a new event to turn light off using @Solartimes.Sunrise to turn light off

September 17, 2016, 03:09:15 PM
Reply #20

codedmind

• Information
The thing is... the x10 shutter module only have option to sensor zone... don't have options to schedule...

Is that i don't understand

September 17, 2016, 06:15:55 PM
Reply #21

mchias13

• Information
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1688.0

You can follow what Gene says here at the bottom of the thread.  Follow the steps I wrote but instead of selecting a module you'd call a separate program to turn control your shutters.