more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Has there been a Z Wave change recently?  (Read 1620 times)

January 07, 2016, 08:12:25 PM
Read 1620 times

Maximo

• Information
After a great deal of trial and error I recently managed to get my SRT321 Thermostats to update via HG. Now that I'm running R511 it's no longer working, so suspect that something has changing in the z wave library that HG uses.

Although it's not a massive issue I was hoping to uses the feature to adjust my  heating at certain times of the day and when I'm away.

Cheers,

Garry

January 17, 2016, 09:18:00 AM
Reply #1

chandan

• Information
I saw a similar issue with my Zwave lights when updating from r510 to r511 and it turned out that my AEON Z-Stick Gen5 was stuck in a strange state. A reboot (actually power cycle) of the raspberry pi running HG fixed it.

I didn't see the issue going from 511 to 512

January 17, 2016, 10:02:13 PM
Reply #2

jjennings308

• Information
My Aeon Z-wave stick is not working well since the 510 update.  I am on R512 and still having trouble.  It only connects for a short period after rebooting the Debian computer I am running it on.

January 18, 2016, 10:13:49 AM
Reply #3

Maximo

• Information
I was sure that i could update my thermostats a few weeks ago, so we are looking at R501 upwards. Although it would be a pain I could downgrade my install until I find the version.

Everything else works fine and the new features are a great addition.

February 24, 2016, 11:31:11 AM
Reply #4

Maximo

• Information
I have been looking to my issue recently and came across another open source HA solution called OpenHAB. Reading the forums I found that a number of people are using the same Thermostat and Boiler Controller as me. So built a server and installed OpenHAB, what I found was that the ambient temperature being reported was displayed in Celsius but the SetPoint was being reported in Fahrenheit even though they are both configured as Celsius in OpenHAB. As far as I can tell there is no option to change this setting directly on the thermostat.

So it would appear that why it's not working using HG also. Does anyone have any ideas on what could done to resolve this. I'd really like to be able to change the SetPoint remotely.

February 24, 2016, 07:08:57 PM
Reply #5

frank-1902

• Information
Hi all,

I have encountered a simelar problem. For description please see:

http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1450.msg9241#msg9241

Cheers,
Frank.

February 25, 2016, 01:12:46 PM
Reply #6

Maximo

• Information
Did a little more work last night and got some good results.

On OpenHAB the binding uses this configuration:

11:command=THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=1

This will return and use Fahrenheit for the SetPoint. Changing the setpoint_scale to zero as below I can adjust the SetPoint within OpenHAB and see it appear on the Thermostat when it wakes up and receives the command.

11:command=THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=0

Any ideas on what i can adjust in HG to make it work?

Thanks,

Garry