more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Timeouts, can't change variables on Everspring ST814  (Read 1812 times)

March 08, 2015, 02:18:30 AM
Read 1812 times

MrMoustache

• Information
Hello folks,
HomeGenie neophyte here, and this is my first posting to the community.

I have an Everspring ST814 temperature and humidity device. It appears to be transmitting the T&H to HomeGenie about once per hour. The manual shows variable 6 is the report rate in minutes, and I'd like to change it to transmit at a more frequent interval. My problem is that I get "node response timeout" when I try to get/set any of the items on the node configuration page.

The manual states the device will be awake for 10 minutes after applying power. So I have tried pulling the battery to reset it and then try the gets/sets within that window. But I am still getting timeouts.

Can someone give me a hand with the device? I'm running r478 on a Raspberry Pi B+ with an Aeon Z-Stick S2. I've got two other devices (lamp controllers) that I am able to control, so I know HomeGenie is working to that extent.

The ST814 is configured as a Sensor. Home Genie is reporting back the following on the setup page:

Manufacturer Specific = 0060:0006:0001
Temperature/Humidity Sensor 2.0 ST814 (Sensors)
Temperature/Humidity Sensor
Supported Classes
Sensor Multi Level, Multi Instance, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Association, Wake Up, Battery, Configuration

Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

March 08, 2015, 03:14:29 PM
Reply #1

Maximo

• Information
I have three of these, they seem to work very well. So lets try and help you out as much as I can. To wake up the ST814 you need to press the second button from the left three times quickly. You get about 10 seconds to send your commands, but one you start it should stay awake long enough for you to complete the configuration.

Make sure you already in the setup section of the ST814. Once you've complete the wakeup, press the get button for the Wake Up Interval, you should then see the value. I'm going to guess it'll read 86400. Now change the value to something you'd like, I have my reporting every 300 seconds. Press the set button. If you've been successful press the get button again and you see if you get the same value back. If you get a timeout, press the second button from the left three times quickly.

Also make sure that you check to see that Nodes Id in this group = 1 so that it reports to HG.

I Hope that helps.

March 10, 2015, 03:36:33 AM
Reply #2

MrMoustache

• Information
Maximo, that worked. Thanks!  I was able to Set and Get the Wakeup interval fairly easily. When it came to Getting the Node IDs, I only received timeouts. So I used the Add button to add node 1, and was able to then do the Get without a timeout.

So what did I just do in technical terms? The power-applied wake up (from me pulling the reinserting a battery) is not an equivalent action then? The part tripping me up is in the manual where it says "The temp/humidity detector will stay awake for 10 minutes when the power is first applied to allow time for configuration". Is that for a ST814 that has not gone through Inclusion?

Since the device was already working with HomeGenie, that would mean that I was able to complete the Inclusion... then the three button pushes were a wake-up at that point?

Since you have your devices reporting every 300 seconds, what is your battery life like?

March 10, 2015, 09:28:09 AM
Reply #3

Maximo

• Information
Glad to see you have a working ST814 now.

I have found the battery life to around 9 months, so not bad at all. The reason for reporting every 300 seconds is I use mine to control my heating system so need to make sure I have steady temperature readings.

The ST814 seems to stay awake for about 10 seconds at a time, even after replacing the batteries.

March 11, 2015, 02:40:52 AM
Reply #4

MrMoustache

• Information
Nice info on the battery. I'm using my ST814 in the basement with the intent of having it let me know when I have a humidity problem. Which makes me want to monitor my dehumidifier runtime now too.

Thanks again for the reply & info!