more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Aeon HEM 2 Users! Read this!  (Read 2755 times)

August 01, 2014, 01:00:15 AM
Read 2755 times

miket

• Information
I don't know how many Home Energy Monitor 2 users there are out there, but I just discovered something that might be useful.   

I always wondered why the unit wouldn't self-report its status, since that is what it says it is supposed to do in its documentation.  Turns out that the unit supports association, but it doesn't announce that it supports the association class.   

I just changed the _nodesetup.js file temporarily to always show the association panel...added node 1 as an association...and tada!  Now my unit announces its status as designed.  Way better than polling the unit!  You can now disable the HEM plugin.

If anyone want me to post the file, let me know.

Gene-  I wonder if in these situations where pepperdb says that the device supports certain classes, if we should override the units self-reported behavior?

January 12, 2015, 01:41:53 PM
Reply #1

mack

• Information
Can you share how you modified _nodesetup.js to always show the association panel?

January 22, 2015, 04:23:34 AM
Reply #2

miket

• Information
So-  this is definitely a hack.  Ideally, someone would tell pepperdb (however that works).

Save your old one as something else, and then you can put this one in homegenie/html/ext/zwave

But, the hack just makes it so association is always shown (even when it shouldn't be)

Good luck!

January 24, 2015, 04:27:54 AM
Reply #3

hybridview

• Information
You just need to modify the modules.xml file to fix this without messing with _nodesetup.js. I did this for HEM v1 and it works great. I needed to add "85" to nodeinfo param. Easier said than done, because the value in the XML file is encrypted. I had to follow how HG encrypts the values, then I just manually encrypted my new string and pasted it in. If you remove the device, you would need to modify this value again, so it's not as good has having pepperdb fixed.

We appear to have a local cache of pepperdb. This local cache has the missing value, so I don't know why the module value is wrong. I spent a little time tracing what HG does when filling this field, but have not finished yet (it is not obvious with a quick glance how it works).

Ideally, we would always use the local "cache" of pepperdb first (unless we command an update) that we can manually modify, especially so we won't have to rely on a 3rd party service that could go down any day. I must be missing something, so I will report back when I have more time to go through it.

February 09, 2015, 10:25:25 PM
Reply #4

hybridview

• Information
UPDATE: I found an EASY fix that resolved this without any hacks.

Go to [Configuration] / [Groups and Modules] and find your HEM node.

Click the button with 3 lines (far right) to open parameter editor.

Find ZWaveNode.NodeInfo and for value, add 85 to the end (make sure to separate previous value with a space).

Press SAVE button. You now have association support!