more G-Labs products

Author Topic: GE Concord 4 Alarm control panel-anyone using one  (Read 1082 times)

October 15, 2016, 09:30:43 PM
Read 1082 times

petediscrete

• Information
I was curious to know if anyone was using the above control panel. The reason I ask is that it is an analogue panel and has a very interesting RS232 automation module which can be added. A number of other home automation programs have come up with 3rd party plugins which gives this panel remote web control and allows 24/7 monitoring over the internet.

I imagine that someone with the relevant skills could develop an app/plugin which would be an ideal addition to the HG application.

October 19, 2016, 10:30:12 AM
Reply #1

[email protected]

• Information
nope but I can recommend texecom's premier range :)

October 19, 2016, 12:28:05 PM
Reply #2

petediscrete

• Information
There's a really neat plugin for the GE Concord 4 running under Homeseer and Vera. I've tried both and it completely expands this control panel and helps to integrate it with the whole IoT concept. The events based concept really works well self based monitoring. I reckon a HG solution would work really well.

October 24, 2016, 11:45:37 AM
Reply #3

[email protected]

• Information
if there is a plugin for the others then it should be simple to port over

October 24, 2016, 07:12:55 PM
Reply #4

petediscrete

• Information
It's a Windows based program written I think in VB and runs in Linux with the aid of Mono. I'd say for someone with the skill set it would probably be a breeze to incorporate it into HG. It's quite a popular plugin in Homeseer.

October 25, 2016, 07:01:27 PM
Reply #6

petediscrete

• Information
Yes you're on the right track.It uses the RS232 protocol to communicate>this is a copy of the protocol and exactly how it is applied.Hope you can read it.

October 26, 2016, 12:31:19 PM
Reply #7

[email protected]

• Information
That document looks similar style to those that I have from Texecom - I have a private repo on github at the moment with an HG interface module, HG interface test application, and then a texecom Interface test applicaiton and finally a texecom interface..

I would suggest these could be used as some sort of starting point but I cant share everything as I am under NDA :)

I could share the code I am using to process the raw messages, and I support using either Ethernet or serial.

I can certainly try and assist you, however I'm no dev!! and I'm learning slowly..

First things first I would suggest getting connected via a serial port to a desktop with a copy of visual studio and start writing an interface to communicate.. I wouldn't however advise developing in homegenie to start with due to the lack of debugging available.

I would then start by getting a checksum routine sorted as a starting point and prove that you can send a command correctly..

IE create something like (not real c#!)

bool SendCommand(string message){

message = CreateMessageWithChecksum(message)
  resp = Serial.Send(message);
  if resp == ACK
     return true;
  if resp == NAK
     return false;
}

Eitherway you have everything you need to get started :)

October 27, 2016, 01:10:31 PM
Reply #8

petediscrete

• Information
I'll check that out and see what happens.

Thanks for your input.