more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch Energy Usage  (Read 1461 times)

January 02, 2015, 07:24:44 PM
Read 1461 times

ahill44

• Information
I think I'm probably missing something simple, but I have a couple of these switches in my network, and I cannot seem to figure out how to get HG to record their energy usage.  The module has a VirtualMeter.Watts parameter, but not a Meter.Watts parameter that the Energy Monitor program is looking for.  Any advice is appreciated!

This is the switch
http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/410

October 02, 2015, 04:16:36 AM
Reply #1

ses1984

• Information
I have the same question. My experience is exactly the same as above.

I found this old post, but I'm not sure what it means.

http://sourceforge.net/p/homegenie/discussion/general/thread/ebda2f1c/

I don't know what the "control menu" is--I guess that post is just out of date?

I also don't see a "Set Auto Meter Report" anywhere.

In my list of nodes I see the switch and I also see an "Energy Monitor" module type sensor, but it doesn't seem to pick up any data. Also it has a grayed-out "setup" button.

October 13, 2015, 07:38:36 PM
Reply #2

naps1saps

• Information
I am having the same problem but nobody seems to be able to answer why it does not work.  Some people have it working with the new release and cannot explain how they got it to work.  Very annoying.

October 13, 2015, 07:42:49 PM
Reply #3

naps1saps

• Information
Also, I know what they are talking about in that post and I've checked it and everything is as they say.  Meter polling is checked and virtual meter.watts is 0.

October 14, 2015, 04:56:27 PM
Reply #4

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Haill44,

If the master node receive a Meter.Watts Value for one node, the parameter will be created automatically.
With your equipment if this Parameter is not created it means that HG doesn't receive it.
I see that sometimes some equipment send Sensor.Power instead of Meter.Watts.
And an other reason to not receive the data is that the default parameters of the equipement  is not set for that. You have to read the datasheet you receive for know thow to do this.