more G-Labs products

Author Topic: A new HomeGenie fan !  (Read 2435 times)

October 01, 2014, 02:01:43 PM
Read 2435 times

WarStreet

• Information
Hi,

I am relatively new to home automation, and I am happy that I found out about HomeGenie via a friend. I started a week playing with openHAB, but then I tried HomeGenie and in 10 minutes I was up and running and achieved more then I did with openHAB in a  short time.

Congratulation Gene, for such a great project. I spent few weeks with HomeGenie now, and it is really well thought. It is easier and nicer to use than most competitors including commercial ones, but at the same time flexible for expansion. For me open source is the keyword !

Hope to contribute some code soon on the forum and wish the community to grow further.

BTW, it took me 2 days to get my forum account to be approved and there was no way I could communicate without the forum access. Can't you just skip the manual approval to avoid missing out possible new users ?

October 01, 2014, 06:49:58 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Welcome to HG!  The reason the forum requires a manual account approval is due to spam bots AFAIK.  There haven't been many (just a couple times), but that's probably due to the fact that Gene is manually approving rather than fixing the forums after an attack.