more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Cannot restore in v522 running Windows 10.  (Read 935 times)

June 11, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
Read 935 times

Acorlin

• Information
I have a situation wherein I need to control Homegenie at a remote location via a satellite internet connection. I use the program LOGMEIN to control the remote Windows 10 computer. I cannot get a static IP address because of the satellite connection.

I run version v493 at the remote location and would like to upgrade to v522. The problem is I cannot restore my configuration file into v522. I have tried this on several computers running Windows 10.

I can load version v522 on my Windows 10 computer and it runs okay. I can make a backup file of the stock "out of the box" v522 with no problem. The problem is I cannot restore that v522 backup file into v522.  The JSAN file hangs at the first line " {"Status":"Ok","Message":""} ."
I can restore the v493 backup file on the Windows 10 computer with no problems when running v493. I can restore the same v493 backup file on a different computer running v522 with Linux Kubuntu with no problems. I can restore a v522 configuration file into v522 on a Linux computer. This seems to point to a Win10 problem.

All of the above also seems to tell me the backup files are good.

If I run Homegenie on the Linux machine and plug the Aeotec USB Z-Wave transmitter into it I can run the latest version however I cannot use LOGMEIN for remote control. I set the Linux "Kubuntu" machine to 192.168.1.8 and all seems to be working fine. I noticed when I boot up my Windows 10 machine on the same router and typed 192.168.1.8 into the browser I was looking at the Linux desktop. Homegenie was NOT running on the Windows 10 computer. I could then successfully control Homegenie running on the LINUX computer from the Windows 10 computer. So far all seems to be working except for some of the thermostat controls.

This might be a work around for me however I really do not want to run 2 computers at the remote location. I also have to restart HG v522 a number of times to get it to load properly in Win10. I have this problem on several Win10 computers at various locations therefore I do not think it is a specific computer hardware problem on my end. v493 loads and runs fine first time everytime.

Any help in being able to do a "restore" using v522 in Windows 10 would be appreciated.

July 06, 2016, 05:34:33 AM
Reply #1

Acorlin

• Information
Problem is solved---
I now have the backup from r493 working in r525. I had to switch from Windows Explorer to Edge in Windows 10.

HG running in Explorer will not work for me in Windows 10 on anything higher than r493.
Thank you Gene for suggesting r525.

All is well ---for now :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:37:13 AM by Acorlin »