more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Lost All Z Wave Nodes after Update  (Read 1097 times)

January 13, 2016, 07:54:23 PM
Read 1097 times

lowerider

• Information
I am a little late to this but i have not had time to work with it.  I updated HomeGenie to (I think it was v509) on 1/2/2016.  Since then ALL my ZWave nodes are gone. I am not able to find any when i do a discovery and it will not get any info from them. I am running HomeGenie on Windows 7 and the controller still shows up fine in Devices. I have restarted windows multiple times.  I updated HomeGenie to v512 today and still the same issue.  I tried a restore of a HomeGenie backup pre 509 but that did not fix it.  I have tried do a heal, all of that.  It may not be homegenie and it may be zwave network related.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have about 10 sensors around the home and I would hate to have to get them all and re-add them. Controller is a aeotec z-stick.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:59:54 PM by lowerider »

January 14, 2016, 04:24:27 AM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
Did you take a look in "interfaces"  menu ? Perhaps your stick has change the number of usb :
/dev/ttyUSBx
Where x could be 0, 1,...
Bye

January 14, 2016, 10:47:35 AM
Reply #2

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Nolio,

That is ok for Debian Jessie and Ubuntu, The stick change sometimes of number (Plug, Unplug)
For that I am continuing to use Debian Wheezy.

But The problem here is on Windows 7.

February 13, 2016, 06:48:12 PM
Reply #3

lowerider

• Information
It has taken a long time but I think I finally have it working.  (Life has taken over so i had no time to work on this).

I shutdown the windows machine and kept it off for a few minutes (It is a home server so it always runs).  While it was off I unplugged the z stick to make sure it had no power (I know there is a battery of some size in it).  After a few minutes i plugged the stick back in and booted up.  After that things still did not work.  I am going around to all the physical nodes and resetting them.  For door sensors I am taking the cover off and hitting the switch and then putting them back on.  This seems to be working.  I have no idea why but it is.