more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Custom Widget in drop down menu  (Read 869 times)

January 28, 2016, 09:28:49 PM
Read 869 times

billbrazeal

• Information
I must be missing something very basic but my problem relates to a customized widget I have made.  I modified the home genie/generic/siren widget very slightly.  I named it differently (/ezwidget/billstuff/sirena).  I know it works because I can bind it to a module, run/preview it and it works as desired from within the widget editor.  But my problem is having this new widget show up in the modules drop down widget menu.  When I go to a module that has a siren associated with it, I would expect the new "sirena" widget to show up in the drop down menu to be able to select it and associate it, but it is not listed as one of the options. 

What do I need to do to enable the custom widget to show up in the drop down list or if not, just associate the custom widget with this module so it at least will be used by the module when placed in a group?

January 29, 2016, 01:06:54 AM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Look at and modify the parameter displaywidget in Configure Group for your module.

January 29, 2016, 10:49:22 PM
Reply #2

billbrazeal

• Information
Where exactly should I be able to find the displaywidget parameter?  The module I need the custom widget for is an X10 module but when I look at the parameters for it, I don't see a displaywidget parameter.  Do I need to dig into some code somewhere to modify this?  Thx

February 05, 2016, 03:38:06 PM
Reply #3

stevenw

• Information
I am also having a similar problem. I've created a custom widget, but I don't know how to display it in a group. I can only pick "modules". Any help would be great.

February 05, 2016, 04:24:37 PM
Reply #4

kevin1

• Information
Me too :)  I bought Aeon Smart Strip and trying to create a widget with 4  on off switches.  Do we have to create a virtual module (an app/program) in order to make the widget visible?  Since the widget is bound to the zwave device in widget editor, seems like it should show up as such in the dashboard or group configuration.  Thanks!