more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Response Timeout on all nodes  (Read 1464 times)

May 12, 2015, 12:16:31 AM
Read 1464 times

Acorlin

• Information
I am  new to z wave and thought I would start with a simple (Jasco wall switches only) network.
I am using an Aeon z stick plugged into a laptop running Win8.1
I also need to access the system remotely via Dish Satellite using Logmein.

I have 6 switches installed in the mesh network with one within 4 feet of the z stick dongle.

I set up the system and all seemed fine so I left the remote location. After a few hours I was receiving sporadic "response timeout" messages however the individual nodes were turning on and off. This morning I tried the system remotely via Logmein and all seemed fine. However I am now receiving "response timeout" messages from all nodes. I am hesitant to test other nodes in the network for fear of having them lock on.
I have looked through the forum files and can not specifically find anything that addresses the problem I am having.

I have rebooted the laptop. Turned the USB port off then back on. I have also restarted HomeGenie all to no avail.

If anyone could point me in the correct direction I would appreciate it.
Thank you.
Alan

June 02, 2015, 12:54:05 PM
Reply #1

maccosx

• Information
I've more or less the same problem (i've just one fibaro fgrm-222 roller shutter for the moment).

The "set" commands are working correctly (both setting variables and giving up/down directions) but as soon as i try to "get" some variables HG report "operation timeout" or whe HG try to get some energy report values "Node x response timeout".

In the past using another software (Zway) worked fine so i don't thnk is a problem of network coverage and signal strength.

Soon i will have other light switch from Aeon Labs a Fibaro and i will see if ther will be any difference in the behavior.

Any help appreciated

Cristiano

June 02, 2015, 08:50:08 PM
Reply #2

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
A little bit weird, to be sure, could you try to take a look at your HG log by :
  • configuration -> System -> User interface
    and "Events History" enable
  • Then click on top right blue and identify in "console" the "get" send and a response ?

I have several FGRM and the get work. Did you try to launch "get" again immediatly after a fail ?

June 03, 2015, 11:45:00 AM
Reply #3

maccosx

• Information
attache the events. i saw it worked for some variables while for other not. i don't know if this happen for variables that i previously set (var 44 for sure)and doesn't work for variables that are atdefault value (var 10 for sure)

Cristiano