more G-Labs products

Author Topic: ZWave Node Timeout Fibaro FGB-212  (Read 1361 times)

February 24, 2016, 10:31:56 AM
Read 1361 times

Cornholio1234

• Information
Hello,

unfortunately I am struggeling getting my Fibaro Dimmers working like they should on my Windows Server.
I had everything running - but after some try and errors I decided to reinstall HG to have a clean base after the learning curve.

After the reinstall all nodes are correctly found in discovery, but the FBG-212 dimmers do not show up in the configuration page like they should. Fetching the Manufacturer Specific ID (or all other values there) for the item is timing out. Strangely switching and dimming is working so it seems that the connection is ok, I even get the power informations for the lights. As soon as I opened the config page for the dimmer once, I cannot use the UI any more because it will forward me back to the config page each couple of seconds.

The fibaro switch right next to the dimmer and my sensors are working perfectly fine.

Any ideas what I might try getting my toys back to a configurable mode?

Many thanks in advance,

Sebastian

February 24, 2016, 07:06:24 PM
Reply #1

frank-1902

• Information
Hi,

I encountered a simelar problem a few weeks ago, right after I went from r499 to r512. Some nodes were not found and after a recover nodes, several nodes had timeout problems. I could not control the nodes from HG but HG reacted on manual changes of the z-wave device. Even heal didn't work.
I contacted gene and he didn't know what could be wrong since the log showed no problem. Gene suggested to exclude the affected nodes and than include again. That worked but only for 1 or 2 days, than the problem came back some same nodes and some new nodes.

At the moment it looks to mee that when a node times-out HG tries several time to get it send ok but when multiple commands get send in a row the resend corrupts the normal sequens. For example a have a c# program that sets most lights on or off. My kitchen light should go off and my livingroom light should dim to 40%. What can happen is that the kitchen licht does not react and severel seconds (and commands) later the kitchen light dims to 40% and the livingroom light stays off. A simelar problem I encounter with one of my shutter (I think also in combination with the kitchen light). The strange thing is that it sometime works ok.

Up to and including r499 I had NO problems with Z-Wave devices. Now I have problems even adding nodes. When I added a z-wave node I saw a message saying "adding node 0" and infact it turned out to be node 34???

I hope gene solves this problem.

Cheers Frank.

February 25, 2016, 10:43:49 PM
Reply #2

pim555

• Information
Have the same issue with Fibaro dimmer, times out and I cannot even control. Other z-wave devices (switch, shutter) work fine.

February 27, 2016, 08:34:03 AM
Reply #3

Cornholio1234

• Information
Hi there,

I have changed now to a different home-automation software, which recognized all my devices out of the box. So I am quite sure it is something with HG... I'll play around with the other one and keep an eye on the forum if something will change for the zwave devices.

February 28, 2016, 05:52:08 PM
Reply #4

louis

• Information
Hi all,
not sure if this might be related, but i was having a lot of tímeouts running on Windows and using an USB 3 port. I set the bios settings to legacy USB 2. And alot of my time-outs were gone.

Hope this might help.

Louis