more G-Labs products

Author Topic: GE Light Switch (12727)  (Read 529 times)

September 23, 2016, 05:41:53 AM
Read 529 times

sbash

• Information
Hi Folks,

I have been using HomeGenie with Z-Wave products for several years now.  I have started expanding my Z-Wave network and picked up a couple GE Light Switches, Model 12727.

I have it wired in just fine, and the switch works.  The first thing I did was pair it with my Aeon Labs Z-Stick and ran a discovery in HomeGenie.  Worked perfectly.

Then I paired it with a a Aeon Labs MiniMote, and that seemed to work fine as well.  Note: I did not yet attempt to use HomeGenie to control it again.  I then Paired a final MiniMote, this one gave me trouble, but it was new and worked fine after a 'reset'. 

However, once pairing the third device, neither of the previous devices work.  HomeGenie simply times out when I attempt to turn it on or off.  I would prefer this device work with one MiniMote and HomeGenie, however the MiniMote takes precedence.

Is this device limited for some reason?  I have no issues with using a MiniMote and HomeGenie on some other devices (Although not GE devices).

Is there an alternative light switch which would suit what I am trying to do?

Thanks!

November 03, 2016, 06:19:05 AM
Reply #1

naps1saps

• Information
Did you pair the switch with the MiniMote?  If so, it would probably be better to control the switch through HG with the remote also paired to HG.  However, I don't have much experience with writing programs in HG so I'm not sure how you would do it exactly.

My initial understanding was that zwave devices can only be paired to one thing but I don't know that for sure.

Just my two cents.