more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Solar Altitude graphics are missing.  (Read 980 times)

August 28, 2016, 12:28:22 AM
Read 980 times

fredp

• Information
This app didn't exhibit this problem in previous releases.  I'm running on a RPi.  I did a format and clean install to see if issues could be resolved, but they were not.

The graphics are not being installed.  The gradient background, the main app icon, the individual image icons...nothing.  There's no "images" directory as identified in the widget code.
For example:
background-image: url('pages/control/widgets/jkUtils/SolarAltitude/images/shaders/Shader.+85.png');

I've tried to re-install Solar Altitude through the package manager, but still no resolution.

Where can I download the images folder? I can simply copy them over as a quick patch.

Can anyone else confirm this problem?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:47:01 AM by fredp »

December 27, 2016, 11:13:25 PM
Reply #1

texasaggie97

• Information
Can anyone else confirm this problem?

I am also seeing this. Did you ever find the icons to copy?

December 28, 2016, 07:28:03 AM
Reply #2

fredp

• Information
I've not been able to locate the image files.

It's a relief to hear someone else is seeing this...and hopefully not something I've done.

It's weird that this is a new problem.  The older versions of Solar Altitude installed and worked great.

January 04, 2017, 05:41:34 AM
Reply #3

texasaggie97

• Information
I think I have a fix. If you can reinstall Solar Altitude from my fork of the packages and let me know how it works. If it does work I can send Gene a pull request.

Go to Configure -> Maintenance -> Install Packages
Change the URL to https://api.github.com/repos/texasaggie97/homegenie-packages/contents and click on Browse.
Then Weather and Environment -> Solar Altitude -> Install Package.

All I did was add the images from the original post (http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=194.0) to the package.

I had to restart the HomeGenie service to get it to properly show the images.

January 04, 2017, 07:12:04 AM
Reply #4

fredp

• Information
Great!  Seems to have fixed it.  So you just pulled a legacy archive and posted it?  I guess I should have tried that long ago...duh.  Great catch.

Thanks for the help.

January 05, 2017, 02:14:58 AM
Reply #5

texasaggie97

• Information
There was already a package there, all I did was take the image folder that was in the original zip file and add it to the zip file in the package. I did not add the locale folder that was in the original zip file though, just the images. I left the rest (program and widget) as they were.

January 05, 2017, 06:50:41 AM
Reply #6

fredp

• Information
Ah, got it...makes sense.

Thanks for the help.