more G-Labs products

Author Topic: CM15a RF and Raspberry Pi  (Read 2011 times)

August 17, 2015, 05:00:50 AM
Read 2011 times

magictag

• Information
Hello everyone.

I am successfully using HG on a Raspberry Pi with an X10 CM15a interface. All is working well with PLC commands, and now I would like to send RF commands from the CM15a. I have a TM751 that should be able to receive the RF commands and generate the PLC commands for lamp modules.

How do I tell HG to send a command using RF from the CM15a?

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Tom

August 17, 2015, 03:28:22 PM
Reply #1

HillPet

• Information
Hi Tom,

I have a similar setup, using HG on the RPi-2 with RazBerry (ZWave modules) and X10 modules (via CM15A USB). In my case I have only looked at traffic towards the X10 modules using the C# support HG offers.
For data comming from the X10 I have only been able to accomplish that using the XM10 in combination with a Pic16F84 to handle the low-level bit assembly and send that upstream via RS232.

I am somewhat lost what you're trying to accomplish here, are you able to receive data from X10 input-devices and handle that within the HG scope ? I haven't tried that yet (I do not use that many X10 input devices).
-Peter-

August 17, 2015, 05:14:02 PM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There are 2 options for sending X10 RF that I know of currently.
  • CM19A
  • Firecracker (CM17A)

I have not tried either of these with X10 (and never tried the CM19A actually).  However, there are threads for both that I have read and it appears the CM19A works fine and there is now a library available which adds support for the CM17A.  I use a CM15A with my RPi but only receive RF (no sending).  I know the CM15A can send, so it seems that adding that capability should be on Gene's list if it's not possible today.  Perhaps check the features request thread to see if it's already on Gene's ToDo list.

August 17, 2015, 08:57:24 PM
Reply #3

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Where I can find the documentation for sending RF commands with a CM15A? Will this work with the CM15Pro as well?
I just published some rework of the libraries that HG uses for X10 home automation.

https://github.com/genielabs/x10-lib-dotnet
https://github.com/genielabs/w800rf32-lib-dotnet

the API of these library has been highly improved and they will be soon updated into HG in order to take advantage of the new features like RF Security codes decoding.
So this would be a good time for adding some other features also. Any request? (possibly point to docs)

Cheers,
g.

August 18, 2015, 07:40:01 AM
Reply #4

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I'll try to find something, but I'm not sure anything is published beyond the links I posted last year.

This is the one I posted before:
http://www.linuxha.com/USB/cm15a.html
I didn't see a reference for RF send.

Then I saw this one:
https://code.google.com/p/javax10/wiki/Protocol
Part 2.2 is "Transmit Radio Frequency" and says to basically just send "0xEB" followed by the same bits as you would expect with a receive.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:59:51 AM by bkenobi »

December 05, 2015, 05:23:10 PM
Reply #5

thamac

• Information
CM15A/CM15Pro seem to work in the exact same way. I did some tests on the commandline and yes, basically sending 0xEB does the trick.

I'm using HG on a RPi2, together with CM15Pro. Now I wanted to start using AM17RF, which is basically a bit more user friendly than the AM12/AM13 (local switch).

Of course we can manage this by entering a few macros into the CM15Pro and re-address the commands. But it would be just cool to be able to have a 'switch' in the setup of X10 modules, telling HG to PL (default) or RF the commands.

I'd be grateful if this was added to HG.