more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Updating Light status (on/off) of Philips HUE  (Read 1416 times)

February 01, 2015, 08:02:57 PM
Read 1416 times

animeimp

• Information
I have a very basic install of HomeGenie, and on the Dashboard, it has two widgets for the Hue lights.  When I load the dashboard, the lights always show off, even if they are on.  Is there a way to have the widget check for the status of the lights, so it shows the proper state of the lights?

If I turn the lights on with the Widget, then the light shows as on, but otherwise, it always shows off, irregardless of the actual state.

March 12, 2015, 01:55:58 AM
Reply #1

sd0wden

• Information
I am having problems locating the Bridge and the API. I have registered with Philips but no luck with that either. I am curious do i need the Physical bridge that comes with the Starter kits? I only acquired the Light for testing purposes only.

I should also note that my email and other internal address are not coming through as expected. Is there a step by step setup for the Hue lights as I am missing some detail somewhere.

Thanks In advance
sd0wden!!

March 12, 2015, 03:35:58 PM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
The lights work via RF.  If you have a controller that works with the type of RF signal these lights are compatible with, you should be good.  But, if you don't have any controller you will not be able to use the lights with any type of automation.  So yes, you probably need to acquire the Philips hub.