more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Iris/Linear GD-00Z-1 garage door opener showing up as door lock  (Read 1249 times)

March 26, 2016, 01:30:45 PM
Read 1249 times

psyctto

• Information
Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of any issue and couldn't find any solutions in the forums.  It seems others have had issues too, but no resolutions in those threads.  Has anybody had luck with the Iris/Linear GD00Z garage door openers?  It displays as a Door Lock, Homegenie can query it fine and returns the info in the attached image.

I'm using Homegenie v1.0.b.493, yeah, I haven't gotten around to updating yet (just haven't had the time allotted, in case something goes wrong).  But it seemed the newest versions still have the issue, from other threads I've run.

Thanks for the help.

May 20, 2016, 09:13:02 PM
Reply #1

jay

• Information
HI,

did this work ever for you? I see the same issue as what you have described. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
jay

June 18, 2016, 06:14:09 AM
Reply #2

mmotley

• Information
I am very interested in this unit as well.  Based on these posts, I did some research and corroborated with the data on Pepper1 (listed under device type "Entry Control").

These use what appears to be a fairly newly minted command class called Barrier Operator (class code 0x66) along with the Secure command class for encrypted communications..  Looking at Gene's zwavelib Enums code, Barrier Operator is not listed as a valid command class.

I was able to find some data on it.  Javascript API from prosyst (??) which contains a lot of the Get and Set values:

http://dz.prosyst.com/pdoc/mBS_SH_SDK_8.1/modules/zwave/api/driver/com/prosyst/mbs/services/zwave/commandclasses/CCBarrierOperator.html

In essence, to my untrained eye, it appears that the Set commands to control it under 0x66 command class are:

Sets:
Close the door - 0
Open the door - 255

Get status:
Door is closing - 252
Door is opening - 254
Door is stopped - 253 (current position unknown)
Door is stopped in known position - 1 through 99, which is a percentage (1% near closed, 99% almost open)

If I had better knowledge of .NET and C# programming, I'd love to take a stab at it...unfortunately, I haven't written much code since college in the early 1990s, and that was straight C (not even C++) and I don't even know how to compile .NET stuff!