more G-Labs products

Author Topic: TESTING RELEASE  (Read 196247 times)

April 11, 2014, 10:08:00 PM
Reply #60

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hello,

the week is over and I hopefully got a new release with lot of fixes and things making hg a more reliable product.
Most notably updates regard the automation section and the automation engine itself.
For those who will read this in the next hours and want to test, you are still in time to report a bug before I submit the packages from testing to the release folder (tomorrow) =)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/homegenie/files/testing/

Thanks!
g.

April 12, 2014, 05:22:20 AM
Reply #61

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I haven't found anything wrong with r363 so far.   ;D

The one thing I'd recommend about the activity log right now is to include the date with the time stamp.  I haven't used it enough to give more feedback, but it will be very useful from the looks of it!

April 12, 2014, 07:47:26 AM
Reply #62

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I just realized that the activity monitor currently only shows actions from while you are looking at the viewer (or perhaps while web interface is open).  Either way, it's empty when I load the browser and starts showing activity a few seconds later.  It is useful this way, but would be MUCH more useful to be able to see historic activity.

For instance, if I notice a motion activated light turned on, I'd like to know what sensor turned it on and when.  As is, I have to keep the web browser open at all times if I want to keep an activity log going.

The other thing is that I'm seeing a lot of instances of "Program.Status" "HomeAutomation.HomeGenie.Automation" which doesn't mean a lot to me.  I know there's the source field which could indicate what code is running, but to me it's useless as I don't know what "35" is.  Perhaps I could find out by searching the automation items, but it would be more useful if it indicated something more human readable as well/instead.

April 12, 2014, 05:23:05 PM
Reply #63

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Another thought I just had was that it would be nice if the name given to a module could be displayed.  When I create a module, I give it a name that HG can use in scripts and whatnot (entry lights, garage motion, etc.), might as well show that in the log.

And since I'm giving a wish list at this point, maybe a more advanced filter system.  Having any filter is far better than what AHP offers, but I was thinking of date/time and even combinations of fields or multiple items in a field.

I know the activity log is early, so these are just suggestions.  You asked for them after all. ;D

April 12, 2014, 05:49:20 PM
Reply #64

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
I Ben,

thanks for reporting. I'm also missing all these things you suggested and as you said, this is just the early draft setup of the event log functionality.
Testing I found some issues about the program code editor. These are fixed in r364 (that is uploading as a release right now).
Unfortunately I caught another issue after bundling r364 =/ =)
It is about restoring a configuration with no user's program in it. The web browser will keep displaying the waiting circle due to a minor javascript error. That's now fixed but it will be placed in the next release.

April 12, 2014, 05:57:57 PM
Reply #65

badfinger

• Information
Hi Gene,
i'm missing the promised "shutter slider" or "shutter modul" in rel 364
In Z-Wave i only see this.....

regards

Alex

April 12, 2014, 06:04:36 PM
Reply #66

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Alex,

dunno why your list is displaying those strange names. I suppose because of some localization issue.
Anyway, it should be the one after the Thermostat.

Cheers,
g.

April 13, 2014, 11:04:40 AM
Reply #67

badfinger

• Information
Hi Gene,
ok, i try to use the item after "Thermostat". But it has the following erreors.

1. It has no options eg scheduler, poll, .....

2. The buttons are inverted. Press "close" will open and "open" will close the shutter.

regards

Alex

PS: This is installed from scratch with the new raspi 364 image!

April 13, 2014, 12:32:53 PM
Reply #68

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Alex,

thanks for reporting, these will be fixed soon.
In the meantime you can add missing options to shutter type, by editing automation programs.
For example, in the Scenes->Schedule On/Off program, you can edit the trigger code and add Shutter type to the
Program.AddFeature instruction:

Code: [Select]
Program.AddFeature("Light,Dimmer,Switch,Shutter", "HomeGenie.ScheduleControl", "Control device on a given schedule");

Cheers,
g.

April 13, 2014, 08:43:48 PM
Reply #69

Jens

• Information
  • Global Moderator
For X10 shutters the buttons are not inverted, close really is close and vice versa.

But on a tablet device the slider is not really usable. For Dimmers it is fine but with the shutter
you get quite easy "jumping values" which make the shutter go "crazy".

May I suggest to change the UI this way:
- change a percentage value with the slider
- Press SET and then the changes are sent via X10/ZWAVE Command

Thanks for consideration
Regards
Jens

April 13, 2014, 08:49:56 PM
Reply #70

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Jens,

as a non-shutters user =) thanks to you for suggesting this.
But now I am a bit confused. Are Z-Wave commands inverted or it's just the same as X10?

Cheers,
g.

April 13, 2014, 08:59:29 PM
Reply #71

Jens

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

I cannot comment on ZWAVE (not in use at all), just wanted to state that X10 is not inverted.

So if there's a bug it must be only for ZWAVE devices as badfinger wrote.

Regards
Jens

April 13, 2014, 10:40:55 PM
Reply #72

badfinger

• Information
Hi Gene,
when i use the "Dimmer" function "ON" means the shutter is open and "OFF" was a closed shutter.
When i use the "Shutter" function it seems exactely opposite. When i press "CLOSE" it opens the shutter and when i press "OPEN" its closing. This is only for ZWave !!!!

regards

Alex

April 13, 2014, 10:58:28 PM
Reply #73

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Alex,

let's review this once more: if you press the ON button of the Dimmer widget the shutter does CLOSE, if you press the OFF button the shutter does OPEN.
Do you confirm that? =D
So I can go ahead and fix the shutter widget.
I will also apply suggestions from Jens.

g.

April 13, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
Reply #74

badfinger

• Information
Hi Gene,
i agree.......

regards

Alex