more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Help: Schedule for Multi Channel  (Read 3499 times)

February 28, 2015, 08:37:22 PM
Read 3499 times

Maximo

• Information
I'm slowly getting to grips with Homegenie and have at least got myself a basic setup in place and working well. Recently I purchased a Boiler Controller, Secure SSR302 which is the same as a Horstmann ASR2-RF. Homegenie creates the device correctly and I can control it as required.

What I need to be able to do now is to automate it by some means. The issue I have in that the SSR302 is a multi instance device, there are two channels. 1 for Heating and 1 for Hot Water. Can someone point me in the right direction with how I create the code to enable me to schedule the Hot Water on and off.

Thanks

Garry

March 01, 2015, 04:34:15 PM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Garry,

How did the two Instance appear ? It's like 2 Switchs ?
In that case you can use :
- the simple schedule On/Off Expression (Cron expression). in the parameter of each switch.
- The Time tables with calendar by step of 5 minutes.

Cheers
Dani

March 01, 2015, 05:37:52 PM
Reply #2

Maximo

• Information
Here's the widgets I get. The first one with the Off/On doesn't do anything. As you'll see in the second widget you can choose either channel to select Off/On.

So I'm looking at what code I need to use to ensure I switch on the correct channel in my schedule.

March 01, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
Reply #3

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
In the Automation section, ZWave Group, do you activate the Multiinstance/Channel Virtual Modules. In case of yes in the list of Zwave module you must see 3 Modules : One that you show us upstairs, and 2 others Called ZWave 2.1 and ZWave 2.2.

Cheers
Dani

March 01, 2015, 06:32:32 PM
Reply #4

Maximo

• Information
I'm not sure I get what your trying to say.

March 01, 2015, 07:47:00 PM
Reply #5

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
As you can see on the folowing screen shot, if your equpement is a multi instance switch, and You have activated the Module MultiInstance/Channel Virtual Modules, you will get tree modules, one with double switches and 2 other virtual modules than control each physical switch.

March 01, 2015, 08:50:54 PM
Reply #6

Maximo

• Information
I see what you mean now. I do have the Multi Instance module enabled. All I get is the one Widget. Is there a way of deleting a module and rediscovering it?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:01:27 PM by Maximo »

March 01, 2015, 10:39:17 PM
Reply #7

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Take of the module from the group and had it to the group. If you activate the multi instance program when you setup the module then the virtual will be added

March 02, 2015, 09:33:37 AM
Reply #8

Maximo

• Information
I tried that last night and I still don't get the same as you. Are there any log files I could share that may offer further information?

March 02, 2015, 09:59:57 AM
Reply #9

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
In the Maintenace, enable Events History and you will get the folowing screen logs after a setup of the module when you click on the blue circle the upper right corner of HG-UI

March 02, 2015, 07:44:29 PM
Reply #10

Maximo

• Information
Sadly, still no luck. I've removed the SSR302 and the added it again. There are no entries in the log.

March 03, 2015, 11:57:03 AM
Reply #11

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
At least you must receive the log ManufacturerSpecific. If Not, are you sure you use Setup Button of the  added module Screen in a group ?

March 04, 2015, 10:41:00 AM
Reply #12

Maximo

• Information
I'm seeing nothing in the logs at all. I've also noticed that I can't complete an update to the latest version. So I'm going to download the latest version and re-install from scratch. I'm running on a Raspberry PI so it's an SD card install.

Hopefully this will help further. I'll report back with my findings.

Cheers,

Garry

March 04, 2015, 11:10:52 AM
Reply #13

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator

March 04, 2015, 05:28:08 PM
Reply #14

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
In case it's not obvious, you don't need to download another SD card image to update HG.  Just download and install the Debian image.  You can uninstall HG is things are really hosed up, but I'd recommend making a backup of your /usr/local/bin/homegenie directory first.