more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Basic Thermostat shuts off by itself?  (Read 362 times)

December 12, 2016, 05:54:34 PM
Read 362 times

GlenDLF

• Information
I've installed HG beta 1.1 r525 onto a Raspberry Pi 3 with Linux 4.4.19.   The 1 wire and Pi GPIO packages were installed.  A 1 wire temperature sensor and relay board was wired into the Pi and added as modules to the group.  All the above works well.  The Basic Thermostat code was modified to remove the Auto feature and to enable the cooling setpoint.  This too works well and I have been running the system for 2 days so far with excellent temperature control.

However: the thermostat shuts off at 11pm and 11am all by itself.   There is no reference to the time in any of the widjet java or thermostat C# programs.  It would seem that something in the HG system or the Pi operating system is happening at the 11 hour that is somehow turning the thermostat from "Heat" to "Off".  You can imagine my suprise to wake up yesterday with the house 10 degrees colder than when I went to bed.  At least this morning I was prepared for it.

I have tried turning off the NTP on the Pi system this morning as my first attempt to no avail.

Does anyone know of any background process that may be triggering the thermostat to turn off.  With only 2 occassions each day to try out solutions it may take some time to fix.

Thanks,
Glen

December 12, 2016, 06:55:28 PM
Reply #1

GlenDLF

• Information
Further information:

I have deleted all unused modules under modules cleanup and have disabled every program under configure/programs except for the thermostat, 1 wire and GPIO.

December 13, 2016, 12:01:14 AM
Reply #2

GlenDLF

• Information
After further digging I have found that there are some events preprogrammed under the scheduler - one actually operates the thermostat between 7 and 11 am and from 4 to 11pm.  These have now been disabled and I am hoping that is the end of my problem.

Please note that there are also lighting and sensor events programmed in the scheduler as well so if anyone has erratic behaviour, check into the scheduler for this preprogramming.