more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Nest Protect  (Read 1332 times)

February 14, 2016, 07:31:06 PM
Read 1332 times

Maximo

• Information
Been checking these out and thought they'd work great a night time motion detector. Has there been any progress on integrating with Nest devices?

February 16, 2016, 09:16:12 PM
Reply #1

cmptrblder

• Information

February 17, 2016, 04:34:27 PM
Reply #2

Maximo

• Information
Been there and taken a look, following that thread. But at the moment the talk is only of the Thermostat where as I was looking at the Protect. With it having a motion sensor built in I was hoping that it could be used to trigger night lights around the house. I live in a house which has three floors, each floor has a wired smoke detector.

February 17, 2016, 06:46:46 PM
Reply #3

saue0

• Information
When we will be able to integrate the termostat correctly, the Protect will be availlable as well. It is the same API for all NEST device.

February 17, 2016, 07:23:23 PM
Reply #4

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
You might want to check on the documentation for the Nest Protect to see how fast the motion sensor reports movement.  I've heard that some of these type of multi sensors are not all that quick.  If it takes more than 1-2 seconds to report, it might not work well to illuminate a room if that's the primary lighting.  It might work in that case for accessory lighting though.

February 18, 2016, 03:08:48 PM
Reply #5

[email protected]

• Information
I've not done much more with my implementation, but as said its the same API, you just need to look in the structure.