more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How the heck do I edit the cron times now?  (Read 4258 times)

July 11, 2016, 09:15:27 PM
Reply #15

kevinvinv

• Information
 ;D

Do you know how to program them to go on at multiple times... say 7am and 8am and 9am   and off at say 7pm and 8pm ?

I cannot figure that out.

I thought you could select sunrise and sunset from the right click in that field?  I am pretty sure mine does.

Have you enabled any special packages from the package manager?  Maybe that has to be done... I did that I know...

July 11, 2016, 11:18:58 PM
Reply #16

mchias13

• Information
I may have went about it he hard way, but I created multiple schedules: Indoor lights on, indoor off, outdoor lights on, outdoor off.  My outdoor lights turn on at 0530 - off at sunrise and on at sunset - off at 2200.

Also found out not to use the ">".  If you do you can't turn your lights on or off manually.  It checks the light status every minute and changes it's state.

July 12, 2016, 03:28:59 AM
Reply #17

Acorlin

• Information
In r525 I click on Scheduler
Then on the next screen click on "Add event"
Then go through "Occurrence"--then "Modules" then "script."

Nowhere in r525 do I find a dropdown or place to put in @Sunrise for example.

mchias13----where in r525 do you see a place to put the sunrise and sunset timing commands?
Thanks--
Alan

July 12, 2016, 05:11:23 AM
Reply #18

kevinvinv

• Information
the dropdown I am referring to is on the module itself...   I click scheduled on/off or something like that and then there is a field that used to accept a cron string but now just has preset options.... again... on the module settings for each individual module.

July 12, 2016, 04:46:20 PM
Reply #19

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It sounds/looks like Gene is making a major overhaul of the timer system.  IMO, this is a very good thing.  I have always felt that the timers in HG are one of the less friendly aspects that probably drive many new users away.  From the looks of the new system in the guide he posted a link to, the new system will be really slick.  That said, it is a major change and may still require some massaging to get where he wants it.

July 12, 2016, 04:56:03 PM
Reply #20

Acorlin

• Information
bkenobi--
Would you be so kind as to let me know where Gene's scheduler info  link is? I am still looking for a way to turn some lights on and off at sunrise and sunset based on Weather Underground.
Thank you.
Alan

July 13, 2016, 03:12:51 PM
Reply #22

mchias13

• Information
you have to use a custom cron expression.

my "outdoor lights on" cron:
((30 5 * * *)
 %
(* * * * 0,6))
:
(@Sunset)

"outdoor lights off":
((@Sunrise)
 %
(* * * * 0,6))
:
(0 22 * * *)

hope that helps

should add, to get mine to show up under lights I named mine "Lights.Outdoor.On"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:17:05 PM by mchias13 »

July 13, 2016, 03:22:13 PM
Reply #23

kevinvinv

• Information
Where do you enter this custom string?

July 13, 2016, 03:59:36 PM
Reply #24

mchias13

• Information
On the new scheduler screen click "add event"

when the pop up appears the middle section is labeled: "event type"

use the pull down menu and select "custom cron expression".  put the cron expression in the text block.  you can reference other cron expressions using the @Sunrise (for example). 

You can also use the @expression as a variable.  My indoor lights turn on (@Sunset - 30), so they turn on 30 minutes before sunset.

July 13, 2016, 05:06:01 PM
Reply #25

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
You can also use the @expression as a variable.  My indoor lights turn on (@Sunset - 30), so they turn on 30 minutes before sunset.
Wow, that's convenient!

July 14, 2016, 04:26:51 PM
Reply #26

Acorlin

• Information
I could use a little help.
I had lights turning on and off at sunset and  sunrise in r493. I just cannot get it to fire in r525.

I have tried various iterations ie.
@Sunset
@FromSunset
(@Sunset)

Would someone be so kind as to step me through turning on a light module at sunset.
Thanks...Alan

July 15, 2016, 02:13:47 PM
Reply #27

mchias13

• Information
if you just want the lights on at sunset and off at sunrise, you can configure that on the individual lights.  Click on the settings of a light, use the drop down menu to select "Scheduler" (forgot what exactly called), then use the drop down menus for On and Off to select sunset for on and sunrise for off.

July 16, 2016, 05:16:11 PM
Reply #28

Acorlin

• Information
mchias13--
Thank you for the tip however I do not see anything close to "Scheduler" in any dropdown from a light module.
When I hit the setup option on a light I see--
the internal configuration of the device--Basic info-variable ID etc. NOthing specific to HG.
I am clicking on the * located on the upper right of the module.
Is there another place you are referring to?
Alan

July 16, 2016, 07:13:42 PM
Reply #29

kevinvinv

• Information
This may not be relevant but what version are you on?  I know there are a LOT of things going on with scheduling and I bet you have to be on the latest to see what he is talking about...