more G-Labs products

Author Topic: v1.1 r499-r501 issues  (Read 4404 times)

November 02, 2015, 08:11:06 PM
Read 4404 times

kevin1

• Information
(1) When accessing my HG remotely, I find that the widgets are not updating.  Using latest chrome, I click  to turn a light on, the widget appears the same.  I switch between dashboard groups, statistics etc... when I return to dashboard, the lamp still shows off.

If I refresh the browser, I get a spinning wait icon, and eventually chrome says the tab is unresponsive.

If I open a new chrome tab with my HG again, it shows the light is on.

(2) Statistics doesn't seem to use the UI settings for temperature format and date format.  I selected TempF and MM/DD and it still shows TempC and DD/MM

(3) Statistics multiple option doesn't seem to work as expected... or I can't figure it out ;-)  I thought this would allow showing temp and humidity for example.  I tried "Ctrl click" to select multiple items, but it doesn't appear to allow this (typically there is a  checkbox when multi-select is an option).  Maybe the multiple option needs to be removed from the "groups" pulldown, so I can select one item from one group and another parameter from a different group.  I now see that it is showing multiple temperature OR humidity readings.  More flexibility as described would be even better :-)

Thanks for all the work!!!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:47:12 PM by kevin1 »

November 02, 2015, 10:09:41 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Multiple shows multiple items of the same sensor reading type not different sensor types.  IOW, you can see multiple temperature sensors or multiple humidity sensors but not temp/humidity for a single sensor.

November 07, 2015, 01:32:13 PM
Reply #2

MichelvB

• Information
(1) When accessing my HG remotely, I find that the widgets are not updating.  Using latest chrome, I click  to turn a light on, the widget appears the same.  I switch between dashboard groups, statistics etc... when I return to dashboard, the lamp still shows off.

If I refresh the browser, I get a spinning wait icon, and eventually ..

I can confirm that in chrome an IE11. I am running HG on a rasperry pi 2 and dit a fresh install:

noobs raspberian
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/homegenie/files/homegenie-beta_1.1.r499_all.deb/download
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get install gdebi-core

then the next line dot not work so first i had to do

cd Downloads
and then HG did install in the next line

sudo gdebi homegenie-beta_1.1.r499_all.deb

after that I loaded the backup of my rooms.

Chrome and IE11 react the same. If I press a button my light will go out (X10 CM15) but  the widgets are not updating. Other than Kevin 1 I can do a refresh and after 1 second HG comes with page one and when i go to the page I switched a light the status is updated.

Further
the page_events does not work.
the only massage I get (in the right top) is "Homegenie Event Stream CONNECTED" when using lamps. The motion sensors show as motion sensors.

Homegenie is a great program and later i will test 499 longer. but for the normal use I will put my sd card in my Pi with 493.

November 09, 2015, 01:02:11 PM
Reply #3

kevin1

• Information
Still on 499.  At home I notice that my motion sensor widgets work and show when movement detected but the security alarm widget was not updating.  It was still showing armed, no history.  I click disarm and nothing happens.  Will try r500 soon.

November 12, 2015, 03:42:35 PM
Reply #4

kevin1

• Information
Since 499 I sometimes get the attached in browser instead of typical HG UI.  Wouldn't refresh, opened new tab and HG UI is back, sort of.  Can't click on anything :-(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:47:42 PM by kevin1 »

November 12, 2015, 04:03:59 PM
Reply #5

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Did you try a different browser?  I'm having issues with HG 1.1 for other reasons but I think this looks like something specific to a browser incompatibility.  But, I'm not a web designer so...

November 12, 2015, 04:19:08 PM
Reply #6

kevin1

• Information
Okay I just did, Firefox.  I'll have to use it a while to see if it "white screens" again.  I do see some of the same other issues though: widgets don't refresh, date format is not followed on statistics

November 15, 2015, 07:30:08 PM
Reply #7

MichelvB

• Information
On r499 IE11 and chrome and Edge will not update. Even on android browser it does not update. On homegenie for android it will not update.

I just installed r500 and I still have to do a refresh to get the actual status. On IE11, chrome and android browser and homegenie for android. If I put a light on or off HG shows:
Honegenie Evenstream disconnected!
Homegenie Even Stream connected!

Events History still doesn't  work at my setup.

I had to manually install r500 because r499 showed no updates available.

Glad to test some more. Please tell me how I can help.

November 16, 2015, 02:23:43 AM
Reply #8

lowerider

• Information
I am running windows 7 and I still need to run R491 in order for it to work. I have tried R496 and R500 and neither work.  Its hard for me to say what I think the issue is. It starts the service without  issue but it does not write anything to the homegenie.log. R491  works on windows 7 and R496 ran on another computer i have with windows 8.1.  So I am confident I am installing it correctly. Main reason i want to update is that email with gmail does not seem to work on R491. I can tell you that the web page will not work and i get no response.  If there is something i can provide to help narrow it down, i know this is vague, i will do what i can. Overall like the program.

November 16, 2015, 05:36:04 PM
Reply #9

kevin1

• Information
Maybe configuration will help:
-HG r500 on Win7 i7 laptop
-X10 CM11 via COM/USB port
-Arduino "multi-sensor" via COM/USB port
-Arduino "multi-sensor" via JSON web page
-IP web camera
-Using new Security Alarm, WeatherUnderground, etc widgets

November 16, 2015, 06:25:13 PM
Reply #10

lowerider

• Information
It is a windows 7, i7 HP laptop.
Using a Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Z-Stick, Gen5 Z-Wave Plus - ZW090. On USB/COM4
All other devices are Z-Wave (Door sensors, multi sensors, etc. Monoprice and other manufacturers) All work on R491.
I don't think it has anything to do with the stick or anything though. I cannot get the web page to display, just get an 'Unable to Connect' message in firefox.
Is there another log location I can look for? As i said the homegenie.log file had no errors.
I saw the config xml file is a lot different in R500 compared to R491. I tried changing the port to 82 instead of 80 and that did not do anything.  (82 works with R491).
Install goes fine, no errors there.

November 19, 2015, 02:13:16 PM
Reply #11

lowerider

• Information
I was able to figure it out and got R501 running on the computer.  It was an issue with .NET. I updated to 4.5.2 and everything started working. I'd recommend you list a current .NET or Mono install for everything to function.  Just a suggestion.

November 19, 2015, 03:46:56 PM
Reply #12

kevin1

• Information
After reading X10 blocking fix in the change log for r501, I thought it would fix my issues. Removed r500 completely, then installed r501.  Still having troubles though.

At home on HG server (chrome)
-the widgets refresh when clicking (alarm shows armed, X10 lamp widget lights up)
-X10 lamp & dimmer don't work from HG (they do work with X10 RF remote).  HG shows popups when the widgets are clicked, but not when X10 RF remote is used.  Tried pulling/re-inserting USB/serial to CM11 to confirm COM port

Remote access (android chrome)
-the widgets refresh when clicking (alarm shows armed, X10 lamp widget lights up)

At work remote access (chrome)
-widgets still don't refresh when clicking (click arm alarm away still shows the home or away buttons, X10 lamp doesn't show on in widget)

At work remote access (firefox)
-several tries, HG won't load, just shows "Waiting for <IP>" at bottom of Firefox.  My webcam does  display if accessed directly via IP:port
-on 5th(?) try it finally loaded, widgets do not refresh. I can see the android chrome widgets refresh in response to clicks on work PC very quickly (<1sec)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:01:52 PM by kevin1 »

November 19, 2015, 04:03:22 PM
Reply #13

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Can you check the log?  The X10 fix for r501 was supposed to fix an issue where PLC commands wouldn't fire from HG.  You can read about the issue here:
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1194.0
https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/issues/237

I have not tested it (storm took my power out), but Gene believes the fix should work.  If your issue is the same, you should see a message in the log indicating that the command had to be resent and a lengthy delay before the module responds.
Code: [Select]
2015-11-14 09:34:14.0961 Debug 04-6D
2015-11-14 09:34:19.1007 Warn Previous command timed out, resending (1)
2015-11-14 09:34:19.1111 Debug 06-62
2015-11-14 09:34:24.1165 Warn Previous command timed out, resending (1)
2015-11-14 09:34:24.1291 Debug 55
2015-11-14 09:34:24.1319 Debug Command succesfull

In this case, the command took 10 seconds to process compared to the ~1 second it should take.

November 21, 2015, 11:07:48 AM
Reply #14

emerich

• Information
Hi,

for me the x10 fix works!

br. Christian