more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Ping Me at Home Disable Security  (Read 2525 times)

March 17, 2014, 10:40:42 AM
Read 2525 times

naps1saps

• Information
Something is wrong with the ping me at home isarmed code.  Removed it in favor of this code to disable the security system when I get home.  configure>scenes>pingmeathome Code can be copied and changed to the "away" else if statement below to arm the system when your device is not in range.  Please note you must change the "program name" to whatever your security program is named.  The default name is shown below "Security Alarm System"  Add the 3 lines after "disable alarm" to your existing code:

Code: [Select]
    if (pinging_buddies > 0 && Program.Parameter("PingMe.AtHome").Value != "1")
    {
        Program.RaiseEvent("PingMe.AtHome", "1", "Ping Me At Home");
            //Disable Alarm
      Program.WithName("Security Alarm System").RaiseEvent("HomeGenie.SecurityArmed", "0", "Security System");
      Program.WithName("Security Alarm System").Parameter("HomeGenie.SecurityTriggered").Value = "0";
        Program.WithName("Security Alarm System").Parameter("Status.Level").Value = "0";
    }
    else if (pinging_buddies == 0 && Program.Parameter("PingMe.AtHome").Value != "0")
    {
        Program.RaiseEvent("PingMe.AtHome", "0", "Ping Me At Home");
    }
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:41:08 PM by naps1saps »

September 01, 2014, 11:46:22 AM
Reply #1

RichieC

• Information
I made these changes to disable the security system when my phone is pingable, but im having a slight issue.

When i enable the  "Ping me at Home" program, it stops the security system working.
It doesn't actually appear to stop it from running, but all of the modules no longer have any options for "security system" - i.e. I can't configure sensors as "security sensors" or sirens as "security alarm" anymore, as though the program is not running.

When this happens the only way i can get it to work again is to disable the ping me at home program and then edit and save the security system program to get it to start again (just disabling and re-enabling it doesn't work). All of the security system options on the modules then reappear and it starts working again.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Rich
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:47:54 AM by RichieC »

December 16, 2015, 08:41:40 PM
Reply #2

pim555

• Information
Filed a bug report for this (didnt realize it was caused by enabling ping me at home but when I disabled, the use as a security sensor option pops up again):
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1284.0

Pim