more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HomeGenie on android/ios chrome problems  (Read 1189 times)

June 24, 2015, 01:08:15 PM
Read 1189 times

kevin1

• Information
Gene,

When I use HG on my android phone with chrome it pops up the login prompt repeatedly instead of once.  Could you please investigate this issue?  If I close all tabs and log into HG it works okay.  The problem happens later in the day or the next day if I go back into chrome.  It will repeatedly pop up the username/password prompt while I am typing the username.  Some of the pop ups have the fields empty, some have the info filled in already.  I try to cancel but another pops up.  It seems like they pop up even when I go to a different ab.  It has made chrome unusable several times in the past week because I can't get the login prompt to go away.  Same thing on my ipad but it hasn't been as bad lately for whatever reason.  This problem has happened on my old install of HG 476(?) and in the past couple weeks since updating to latest.  Would it be possible to add an option to make the login a webpage rather than a popup?

Also, on android and ios chrome, the temperature is displaying as Celsius instead of preferred Fahrenheit.  I remember a post about this being a browser localization setting but I don't see any such settings on android or ios.

Thanks,
Kevin

June 25, 2015, 09:25:57 AM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Can you try this in the browser : http://admin:[email protected] ?
It will work.

Cheers
Dani

June 25, 2015, 01:24:10 PM
Reply #2

kevin1

• Information
Okay, I am familiar with that but didn't think about trying it for this problem.  It does let me bypass the popup on initial access to HG.  On android I can save bookmark to homescreen, but not sure it is saving the user:pass in the URL it bookmarks.  I'll see how it goes next couple days.

Thanks!

June 26, 2015, 01:21:28 AM
Reply #3

kevin1

• Information
Doesn't work on iPad chrome :(

Android chrome lets me do this but later it starts popping up again :(