more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HomeGenie Plus for Android  (Read 33075 times)

December 13, 2015, 04:53:33 PM
Reply #105

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi dani,

I am thinking of someway to let HG Plus include thirth party widgets. Still did not found a viable solution but this is something that I would also like to have in HG plus.

g.

December 14, 2015, 07:45:46 PM
Reply #106

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
How many of you own an Android Smart Watch here?

Cheers,
g.

December 14, 2015, 08:11:23 PM
Reply #107

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,
I try one but it's so useless.
So i don't have one anymore.
Bye

December 14, 2015, 08:12:39 PM
Reply #108

KaZe

• Information
How many of you own an Android Smart Watch here?

Cheers,
g.
I'd like to buy for HomeGenie control. If HG will support Smart Watches.

December 22, 2015, 08:27:06 PM
Reply #109

KaZe

• Information
Hi Gene!

Is that possible to integrate the "ok google" service in HG Plus? I think this is very usefull for users, who use HG plus on tablet, with always on screen + HG plus always running. And the other suggestion for always on display users: HG plus must have the simple screen saver (like watch with black background)...so the HG plus always running on the tablet with always on display, and the HG sreensaver automatic turn on after a few minutes. So the HG plus integrated "ok google" always listening.

December 22, 2015, 10:31:56 PM
Reply #110

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Yes KaZe,

screen saver will be available with next update. I'll think about 'ok google' integration.

g.

January 01, 2016, 07:32:48 PM
Reply #111

KaZe

• Information
Yes KaZe,

screen saver will be available with next update. I'll think about 'ok google' integration.

g.

Hi Gene!

I test the voice control in HG Plus. So I thinking....Ok google no needed. But, I'd like the "always listening" option. I imagine it, that the user can choose "always listening" in voice control, and the user can define the "controller" command: like "ok google". So, if the user check always listening and set the control command to e.g. "start listening" than the HG Plus works this order:

1. User say: "start listening"
2. HG Plus: Say something like "Yes?!" or beep
3. User say: turn off center lamp
4. HG Plus: execute the command(s)
5. HG Plus: go back to always listening status

Then if the user like execute other command, user must say "start listening" command again.

What do you think?

January 02, 2016, 11:33:10 AM
Reply #112

DesktopMasters

• Information
Love this app.

If for whatever reason the homegenie cannot communicate with the device there is no indication this is happening.  Possibly a toast message reporting the communication error?

Also the circle around the light pictures.. I expected that to extend to the percentage of lightness.. full circle would be 100% and half circle for 50% and so forth.

As to the paying $10..
I paid it.. gladly.  No complaints.  Thank you for allowing us to use HomeGenie for free.  Your work is excellent.

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2015-12-27_2076172843468134/tv/simpsons/burns/excellent3.wav

~ Merlin
~ Merlin

January 07, 2016, 12:57:21 PM
Reply #113

kevin1

• Information
Just purchased HG+... Thank you for all the great work on HG!!!

I vote for GoogleNow integration just to be able to use HG without going to specific app.  While pulling into driveway, this would be great to do completely hands free... "Okay Google, turn on the lights"

I have an Android Wear watch, but don't wear it all the time so I think it would be limited usefulness.  In the house, Amazon Echo is working great with HG.  Outside the house, phone is just about as easy as watch.  Notifications/texts already pop up there anyway.  Would definitely try out anything you came up with though :-)

January 08, 2016, 03:55:42 PM
Reply #114

kevin1

• Information
How does the SSL option work in the app?  It doesn't connect to HG server if I select it.

January 10, 2016, 04:28:55 PM
Reply #115

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi all,

HomeGenie Plus rev.19 just published.

Screen Saver option is now available. The screen saver shows time, weather, energy data and also a slideshow of pictures from the gallery.
The screen saver option can be enabled from the preference screen. It will start after the timeout period configure for screen lock in the device system preferences.

The energy monitor widget now is showing the Watt Load Graph as default graph. To switch to kW counter graph tap on the counter label.

What's next?

Probably next updates will be regarding:
- Voice Control improvements
- Dynamic Widget loading, to allow other developers build their own widgets that can so be downloaded/installed into hg plus.

Please feel free to make any request of features you'd like to see implemented in hg plus.

January 10, 2016, 11:25:25 PM
Reply #116

KaZe

• Information
Thx Gene!
I like it.
Some suggestion:
  • I don't want to see my photos. (I have many xls,doc, books... etc photos in my gallery, and it's see "interesting" in background) :)
    My suggestion is let me choose the background:
    • Black screen (energy save mode)
    • HomeGenie logo
    • Gallery photos
    • IP Cam pictures (if you can)
  • I see, the screen shows time, weather, energy data. I think, It would be good if you can show the sensors status under the weather data.

Thank you for your great job!

January 28, 2016, 03:24:56 PM
Reply #117

kevin1

• Information
HG+ is biggest data consumer on my phone now, 385MB over 10 days (351MB foreground).  Guessing may be due to ip webcam widget?  Can you add option not to refresh camera images if widget is not visible on display? 

Or... other ideas?

February 25, 2016, 08:10:34 AM
Reply #118

cplBlutch

• Information
Hi Gene,

Have 2 Android plus versions now, my partner was using the standard app but liked mine more ;-)

Is there a way to change the separator font and color ?

Greetings,

Rob

April 01, 2016, 03:05:24 PM
Reply #119

wolfgang928

• Information
Hi Gene,
just bought HomeGenie Plus (as i had a normal HomeGenie on my Android since a year).

I'd developed a widget for a wireless RFM Arduino like System, which is working on HomeGenie (Cubietruck system) very well, but i cannot see my widget Control inside HomeGenie Plus. Is there a way to make HomeGenie Plus able to handle these foreign widgets or what can i do to set a property inside widget to make it handable?

Thanks for an answer.
Best regards
Wolfgang