more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Question for those using CM15A  (Read 670 times)

July 16, 2016, 06:46:09 AM
Read 670 times

kevinvinv

• Information

When you use the CM15A as your power line interface,  do you configure the CM15A in any particular way using Active Home or do you just plug it in and go?

I am all of a sudden having all kinds of problems with my HG / CM15A setup and I just cant figure out what happened....

July 16, 2016, 01:08:59 PM
Reply #1

petediscrete

• Information
For me it's just plug n play. I just enabled x10 in the HG settings. Again this is on the RPI platform and covers both PLC and RF control. Never had a problem with it. What strange things are happening on your system. Might be a sign of a failing CM15 unit.

July 16, 2016, 03:22:40 PM
Reply #2

kevinvinv

• Information

Here are a couple things:

1)  If I unplug the CM15A,   HG crashes... I get a "System Error" from Ubuntu
2)  Absolutely no control of any modules through the power line
3)  Clicking a module on and off takes about 4 or 5 seconds to update the GUI , the on/opff button goes green but nothing happens to the actual module

Here are the things I have done

1)  Check my XTBIIR -  it is fine
2)  Purchased a new CM15A,  same problem
3)  Replaced all the cables
4)  Reinstalled the OS and HG

5)  ***  THIS SEEMS TO HAVE FIXED IT (knock on wood). 
   Last night in a fit of desperation I loaded windows and connected to the CM15A with ActiveHome.   Just did an "Update Interface"  and it SEEMS to be working now....   I cant believe it...   

HG still crashes when I unplug the CM15A though.

I MIGHT clear the CM15A memory and see if the bad behavior returns... I've spent a couple months trying to resolve this...

Sigh

July 17, 2016, 03:18:36 PM
Reply #3

petediscrete

• Information
If you have downloaded macros onto the CM15 via AHP you can sometimes experience strange behaviour. Just clear the CM15 memory via AHP and remove the backup battery from the CM15 for about 5 minutes until the memory is clear. Worth a try.

July 18, 2016, 05:29:20 PM
Reply #4

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
This sounds resolved, but from my experience you don't have to do anything to get the CM15A working.  I use an RPi and when I unplug it, I get a warning once every second or so in the log that indicates that the interface is unavailable.  As soon as it's plugged back in, things work again immediately.  The only thing I recommend when moving a CM15A from AHP is to clear the memory of macros and timers.  If you leave these on the interface, you will probably see ghost events that will confuse the heck out of you.  I speak from experience!