more G-Labs products

Author Topic: ZWave broken in R416 ?  (Read 3518 times)

October 07, 2014, 09:48:46 PM
Read 3518 times

RichieC

• Information
I have just updated to R416 - running on raspberry pi with X10 (CM15) and ZWave (ZStick2) and none of my ZWave devices work any more!

It seems to receive updates from my ZWave devices, e.g. motion detectors etc but none of the values are updated in Homegenie widgets. If i turn on a ZWave switch in homegenie the widget updates but the switch dosnt turn on..

Is anyone else having this issue?

October 07, 2014, 11:34:43 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Did you try restarting or doing a z-wave node discovery (from system->interfaces section)?

g.

October 07, 2014, 11:52:57 PM
Reply #2

RichieC

• Information
I have restarted the Pi (a few times)..

And done a ZWave discovery .. this has got my motion detectors working again

But i have 4x ZWave TZ68E switch modules all of which have stopped working. I have tried removing the nodes for these switches, then doing a discovery and adding them again, which works fine and gives them a new ZWave node ID (as expected).
But they still dont work..

Something i've just noticed.. not sure if this helps..

If i click on the switch widget's On/Off buttons nothjng happens, but if i go into setup for that switch and set basic value to 0 or 255 the module switches on/off correctly, so im guessing theres something in the code for the switch widget thats not quite right?

Did you try restarting or doing a z-wave node discovery (from system->interfaces section)?

g.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:27:16 AM by RichieC »

October 12, 2014, 10:27:21 AM
Reply #3

jjuel15

• Information
Hi.

I am having similar situation, except that I have 5 TZ68, 3 working perfect as in previous releases, 2 with exact the same problem as RichieC describes.

I also have problems with EZMotion Sensor, in setup I can communicate with it, but Homegenie does not get any new values from the sensor.

October 12, 2014, 10:07:20 PM
Reply #4

RichieC

• Information
I also have EZMotion sensors which had the same problem as you describe - Homegenie diddnt get any new values from them. Doing a z-wave discovery and then restarting the pi fixed that issue for me and they started working again.

I actually have 5x TZ68's and the one i'd forgotten about is actually still working, but i can't get the other 4 that i have to work no matter what i do!

Rich

Hi.

I am having similar situation, except that I have 5 TZ68, 3 working perfect as in previous releases, 2 with exact the same problem as RichieC describes.

I also have problems with EZMotion Sensor, in setup I can communicate with it, but Homegenie does not get any new values from the sensor.

October 15, 2014, 12:06:01 PM
Reply #5

RichieC

• Information
I Think i may have figured out what is causing the Z-Wave problems with R416

In an attempt to get this working i have done a factory reset with this version of HomeGenie installed and reinstalled all of my X10 and Z-Wave modules manually (Backup/Restore options diddnt work!)

I had to remove and re-add all of my Z-Wave devices manually by using the Z-Wave Stick's inclusion/exclusion functions (holding the button down for 3 seconds to put it into exclusion mode etc..) and then plugging the Z-Stick back into the Rasp Pi and powering it on to start HomeGenie. I then did a discovery in HomeGenie and added all of my Z-Wave modules to the correct groups etc .. and everything worked great !

Until.. i restarted the system.. After this all of my Z-Wave devices stopped working again!

When this version (R416) is restarted it appears to do a Z-Wave discovery and when this happens it creates duplicate entries for most of the Z-Wave Nodes - this seems to stop them from working.

If i then go into the module cleanup option, i see that most of the Z-Wave devices are listed twice (with the same node id). I then deleted one of these for each node so that there was only one entry listed for each node and most of the devices started working again!

The problem is that if i do a discovery or restart the system (which forces a discovery) all the duplicates reappear and everything stops working again!

Gene, i hope this is something that you can fix - is the discovery function something that has been changed in this release or is this a side effect of another change that was made?

Also, some of my Z-Wave nodes were failing due to having a old node id associated with them as well as their new one in the Z-Wave discovery which stops them working - removing the old node id in module cleanup seems to get these working, but i dont know how i can permanatly remove old ids from the Z-Stick?

Rich

October 16, 2014, 04:02:20 PM
Reply #6

jjuel15

• Information
Great job you have done testing.

I dont have X10 in my setup, but otherwise its quite similar.

I have no problem with duplicate zwave nodes, even though I have at lot of discovery, some service restarts and a couple of RaspberryPi restarts.

I have 2 switches still not operating and 1 that now has changed to working. The sensor only reports battery%.

For the moment I changed to r403, and everything seems to work fine.

When starting r403 and making a discovery I noticed that it ends with the messsage "Discovery ended", I didn't see that in r416.

Juel

October 17, 2014, 11:10:26 AM
Reply #7

RichieC

• Information
Yes, i noticed the missing "Discovery Ended" message too - it could be that something is failing near the end of the discovery process and it never actually completes, perhaps some kind of cleanup process the removes the duplicate nodes etc?

Great job you have done testing.

I dont have X10 in my setup, but otherwise its quite similar.

I have no problem with duplicate zwave nodes, even though I have at lot of discovery, some service restarts and a couple of RaspberryPi restarts.

I have 2 switches still not operating and 1 that now has changed to working. The sensor only reports battery%.

For the moment I changed to r403, and everything seems to work fine.

When starting r403 and making a discovery I noticed that it ends with the messsage "Discovery ended", I didn't see that in r416.

Juel

October 25, 2014, 11:24:57 PM
Reply #8

RichieC

• Information
I've gone back to r403 now and everything is working fine with this version

Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon

October 26, 2014, 01:20:34 AM
Reply #9

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Make sure there is an issue on github so it will be on Gene's radar to get fixed.

October 26, 2014, 10:18:14 AM
Reply #10

RichieC

• Information
Good point .. Have now logged this as an issue on GitHub

Make sure there is an issue on github so it will be on Gene's radar to get fixed.