more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Program requirements  (Read 1388 times)

January 24, 2016, 07:05:37 PM
Read 1388 times

kilo

• Information
Hi all. New to HomeGenie.

One simple question at this time.  What other packages do I need to install onto my Ubuntu server in order to run any of the programs.  The main one I'm interested at this time is the polling program so that I can poll the status of my z-wave lights, well 1 right now since I am doing test before I dive in and buy more modules.

Thanks all

Kilo

January 24, 2016, 10:16:54 PM
Reply #1

Maximo

• Information
Hi,

There is no need to install anything further once you have Homegenie running on your server. Oh you'll need a Z Wave USB controller of course, but I hope you'll already know that.

Cheers,

Garry

January 24, 2016, 10:42:40 PM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Polling for status of the lights is most likely easiest using WebAPI calls.  That only works if HG knows the status of the ZWave module.  X10 can be controlled locally such that HG doesn't know what the current state is.  If you can use ZWave in the same way, you may have issues.

January 24, 2016, 11:18:43 PM
Reply #3

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Polling is not needed at all in most cases as zwave devices support automatic status report. So if you switch a light locally it will be also updated in hg.You just need to configure the device properly.

g.

January 25, 2016, 03:57:29 AM
Reply #4

kilo

• Information
So does anyone have an idea what the setup process is for an evolve ldm-15w?  I feel I have it set up right but still no go on it reporting its status.
Or can someone point me to some information on how to properly setup this or other well used modules?

Thanks for the assistance.

Kilo

January 25, 2016, 11:58:35 AM
Reply #5

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
I have it set with my AEON switches and dimmers. Can't tell about evolve. To get an idea of steps required to configure a device to report status and metering, read this:

http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=386.msg2216;topicseen#msg2216

February 09, 2016, 04:11:24 AM
Reply #6

kilo

• Information
Hey Guys and thanks for the responses.  Ive finally got a chance to get back in here and play around with my setup.  I read the link you suggested and here is what Ive gotten from my setup with the Aeon zwave stick S2.
First, when I do hit Get under configuration variables, I only get a 0 (zero) for veritable value and nothing in the variable ID.  Get under node information seems to work because it detects my Evolve Dimmer Module correctly.  The only other options I have at this point is Routing Info which has a Heal Node button and Basic Value which will set the dimmers dim amount.

But It worked as expected right out of the box using a program called domoticz which uses openzwave for its zwave communications and also has a function to download zwave configs.  Attached is what it downloaded which seems to have information about both my z stick s2 and the evolve dimmer mod.

Have a look and see if there is something that can be used from this file to make things work here on HG.

Im new to this coding thing so Im not really sure what Im looking at at the moment.

Thanks

Kilo

February 15, 2016, 05:28:52 AM
Reply #7

kilo

• Information
Never mind....