more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HG +Raspbian +Mysql  (Read 1305 times)

June 26, 2014, 06:42:00 PM
Read 1305 times

James

• Information
Hi Everyone,

I've got my HG moved over to the New Raspberry Pi and its up and running, My First foray into Linux  :o, a while back I moved my alarm system from an old ADT system to a homebuilt system that uses an SQL database to track the zones and each door and window, I added a Database to the Pi and set up a "test system" using an Arduino w/Ethernet-shield that monitors the doors and windows.
( just using push buttons switches right now for testing, I don't want to disconnect anything from the live system yet )

if a window is opened the Arduino performs an HTTP request to a PHP file on the Pi that updates the database with the new status.
this part is working - its very early into the coding and its not pretty but it is working with 1 door, 1 window and a temperature sensor, I can also set a flag in the database and the Arduino will open or close a relay ( Garage door or outside lights ).
Now to my question has anyone been playing with interfacing HG with an external database like MySQL?
if so I would like to know how your doing and get some pointers so maybe I don't have to start from scratch?

thank you
James

June 26, 2014, 09:06:28 PM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,

First, to simply answer your question, no. :)
Gene tell in the following post the answer of your question :
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=44.msg268#msg268

Bye