more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Update (Raspberry PI)  (Read 672 times)

November 15, 2016, 04:29:31 PM
Read 672 times

byteman

• Information
Have been running HG on a raspberry pi for a year or so (maybe more).

Under the "Configure" option, it reports that I am running version v1.0-vbeta.493

If I select that (version) option, it reports:
     InstallProgress.Update started, then completed.

...but nothing changes when I select the "Configure" option - still the same version.

Can someone point me to specific update instructions for one running HG on the Raspberry Pi?

November 15, 2016, 04:46:25 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There was a version level that you couldn't use the updater to cross beyond.  I do not recall what version that was, but I believe it was around r500.  I don't know what the current version of HG is, but it's certainly above r500 now.  If you want to update, my recommendation would be to download the newest installer onto the pi and run it from command line.  Always backup your configuration when manually updating because it will not do it for you.  I recommend doing both the update within the interface and copying your HG installation directory to a backup location just in case.

November 15, 2016, 11:06:49 PM
Reply #2

byteman

• Information
OK, I performed a new install as per the instructions here:

http://genielabs.github.io/HomeGenie/install.html

When I access HG through a browser, I now get a screen (as per attached).  Can't do anything.

Any suggestions?

November 16, 2016, 01:23:36 PM
Reply #3

petediscrete

• Information
How are you accessing the RPI. Looks like your browser might be the problem. Make sure you have carried out a full update on your RPI before you install HG rc525. Google Chrome or Firefox on a remote PC should work fine.

Give us a little more info on your setup and I'm sure you'll get pointed in the right direction.

November 16, 2016, 02:07:08 PM
Reply #4

byteman

• Information
OK, this was probably overkill, but I started over with my RPI - downloaded a fresh image of Rasbian (Jessie), then went through the install procedure for HG.

Same results as I attached before  :(

Then I loaded the page with Microsoft Edge, and (as you suspected) a fresh new setup of HG appeared looking as one would expect.

Don't know why Chrome on windows 10 would not work - tried removing browsing data and cookies, but no success.  Would like to be able to use Chrome, but not sure what to do to make it work?

November 20, 2016, 02:10:47 PM
Reply #5

petediscrete

• Information
I'm a Linux user and access HG via Firefox. I stopped using Windows at the end of XP so I won't be of much use to you. Try find a browser that works best with HG and stick with it. Incidentally Chrome on XP still works fine with HG.

November 21, 2016, 04:26:11 PM
Reply #6

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Firefox works great with Windows 7 from my experience.