more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Issues on Pi  (Read 18915 times)

March 26, 2014, 05:01:11 PM
Reply #45

RichieC

• Information
I believe that I may have solved this issue!

I was using a 5v 1A PSU to power the raspberry Pi and a friend of mine suggested that it might not be quite enough power to run the Pi with the Z-Stick and X10 adapters connected, so I have replaced it with a 5v 2A USB PSU and it hasn't locked up since!

Homegenie r351 has now been running for 24 hours and hasn't hung or stopped responding once ..

Rich

March 29, 2014, 05:55:26 PM
Reply #46

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi,

today I experienced the problem again after unplugging the 5V power supply from the USB switch.
But also found out that unplugging and replugging the z-wave controller after 10 seconds, the web interface started suddenly to work again.
So I am assuming that there's something in the z-wave driver that cause this (or at least that can be optimized to detect this kind of failure).
Can any of you confirm that?

Cheers,
g.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:03:40 PM by Gene »

March 29, 2014, 06:32:48 PM
Reply #47

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
well... well... after that hg was kind of lagged. So I ain't convinced anymore that has any connection with the usb switch, since after stopping and restarting hg everything started to work again.

August 02, 2014, 06:42:50 PM
Reply #48

Etienne

• Information
Hi,

no it was not that. The status of the modules is reset at startup by HG itself as shown in the code:

http://sourceforge.net/p/homegenie/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/HomeGenie/Service/HomeGenieService.cs#l1827

That was done to prevent scripts to fire up at startup from previously stored parameter values that in most cases is not a wanted behavior.
I will be adding a flag in the maintenance menu, so the user can select the wanted behavior.

Cheers,
g.

Hello again ... wanted to ask again - was this ever implemented? I.E. keeping last x10 status between restart? I really would appreciate this as a optional config or something?

Also - I'm in the process of migrating from the Pi to a debian wheezy server (which i currently use for other purposes) ... carried out the install (gdebi) ... but HG is not saving all the module info - for example I add an X10 module, give it a name and set it to a 'light' - i then go out of modules and back in and the info is all lost - it still knows it's X10 A1 but won't work as when I go to control it say that config is incomplete. I've also just noticed that a lot of options under configure/automation are missing!? Confused!

August 03, 2014, 12:12:31 PM
Reply #49

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Etienne,

what mono version are you running?

Code: [Select]
mono --version

g.

August 03, 2014, 12:20:52 PM
Reply #50

Etienne

• Information
hmn .... on the rPi it's v3.2.8 ... on my debian box it's  v2.10.8.1 .... i guess i should update that?

edit - mono was installed automatically when i installed hg with gdebi .... which packages should i update?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:22:36 PM by Etienne »

August 03, 2014, 04:37:16 PM
Reply #51

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
- remove automatically installed mono packages (optional)
- install mono 3.x from a backport or ppa

I suggest trying this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13365158/installing-mono-3-x-3-0-x-and-or-3-2-x

g.

August 03, 2014, 07:33:21 PM
Reply #52

Etienne

• Information

I suggest trying this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13365158/installing-mono-3-x-3-0-x-and-or-3-2-x

g.

I'll give that a go later on ... and will update.

In the meanwhile (& sorry for asking again) is there a way (even if I write my own script) to keep x10 statuses between HG restarts ... i had tried that think you mentioned about killing mono & then starting HG ... but no luck!

August 04, 2014, 04:18:30 PM
Reply #53

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Eitienne,

to make HG keep modules' status, use the restart option from the maintenance section. It will make HG do a snapshot of current configuration before restarting.
Still seems to be a bug when using /etc/init.d/homegenie restart/stop that is preventing current configuration from being saved.

g.

August 04, 2014, 07:50:40 PM
Reply #54

Etienne

• Information
Thank you for your reply ... but unfortunately that's no use for me as I need to restart using cron!

Hi Eitienne,

to make HG keep modules' status, use the restart option from the maintenance section. It will make HG do a snapshot of current configuration before restarting.
Still seems to be a bug when using /etc/init.d/homegenie restart/stop that is preventing current configuration from being saved.

g.

August 04, 2014, 08:42:18 PM
Reply #55

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
So restarting using "sudo service homegenie restart" (restarts HG not Raspi) will not keep the status?  We should use the restart option from maintenance?  Got it, I'll keep that in mind.

August 07, 2014, 03:15:12 PM
Reply #56

Etienne

• Information

I suggest trying this:

g.

Hi Gene,

I installed mono 3.2.8 ...

Code: [Select]
Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (tarball Tue Aug  5 17:12:41 CEST 2014)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. [url=http://www.mono-project.com]www.mono-project.com[/url]
        TLS:           __thread
        SIGSEGV:       altstack
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  amd64
        Disabled:      none
        Misc:          softdebug
        LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
        GC:            sgen

... but i still have problems - basically HG seems to not be installed properly even thou' I reinstalled from scratch using gdebi homegenie-beta_1.00.r403_all.deb

Some things seem to be missing - for example under Configure/Automation/Energy-Management there are no options ... when i add a new module i don't get all the usual options, and once I save the config is lost!

Have a look at the screenshots & let me know if you need any more info.

Help appreciated!

August 11, 2014, 02:09:49 PM
Reply #57

Etienne

• Information
bump ??  ;D

August 11, 2014, 03:30:38 PM
Reply #58

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Your X10 hardware seems not to be detected.
Btw did you try with r408?

Cheers,
g.

August 11, 2014, 05:21:11 PM
Reply #59

Etienne

• Information
I'm on r403 ... is there an r408?

So - originally I had the cm15pro connected (thou' only after HG was already installed) ... but they i realized I had mono 2.x installed .... so as not to compromise by debian build I started playing around with a VM - which is were those screenshots come from. I installed compile mono 3 on that but no x10 hardware was actually connected - I just 'told' HG I had a cm15pro connected!

The thing is I got the same exact symptoms I had on the actual machine with mono 2 - which is strange.

So - does the cm15pro have to be connected before installing HG?

Can you post the correct procedure to install on debian, assuming mono 3.x is already installed? Pre-requisites .... and stuff like that?

Also - i'm considering moving to Z-Wave .... is HG more/same/less stable when compared to x10 on HG?