more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Homegenie + Raspberry Pi + Arduino + NanPy  (Read 8459 times)

March 30, 2015, 08:54:57 PM
Reply #15

Wibo

• Information
Hi Eugene,

took a quick look at the link you've posted...

Seems like a PIC controller with an USB interface and some inputs and outputs.
Didn't bother to find out if you need special USB drivers.

Can tell you that GPIO in HG is dedicated to the general purpose input output of the RPi CPU.
The hgx part could be adapted pretty easy, but the underlying library doesn't know anything about a PIC controller or its USB interface.

Therefore the support for this device needs to be written from scratch I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Wibo.

June 28, 2015, 12:03:12 AM
Reply #16

rikisphinx

• Information
Hi all,
    I've been looking everywhere to find a comprehensive tutorial explaining the way to interconnect the pi with the arduino using the HG interface... what i want to do is to be able to turn a chain of LEDs connected thru the arduino from the HG interface. I also need to monitor my generator fuel live from the HG interface and i already have this setup in my arduino, i just need to represent it in the HG interface. I have seen viedeos where people have a sketch blinking but this is not exactly what i want to achieve since i need to control the LEDS from a button in the HG interface. Hopefully one of you can help me out with it...  (I have read all the info in these posts but find them a little bit hard to follow...) i really need help from the start i.e. connections (pi to arduino) to the HG interface. I do have  working sketch for what i need to achieve from the arduino side).

June 29, 2015, 05:50:16 PM
Reply #17

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I was able to link an Arduino Pro Mini to the RPi and program/control it via HG.  There is a thread here from ~6 months ago that discusses it including comments about my progress.  If you can't find it, I can look around and post the link.

July 01, 2015, 07:21:06 PM
Reply #18

rikisphinx

• Information
hi bkenobi,
   Thank you for your reply, I looked around and didn't find the link you mentioned... If you still have it could you please share the link? There are some infos that i found on this forum but they are really hard for me to follow since they don't really tackle the issues from the beginning...  I really need that thing to work and if you are willing to help me with it i would really appreciate.

July 01, 2015, 07:47:14 PM
Reply #19

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I followed guides and it took a few tries.  I did not try using USB communication.  If you want to connect via USB, I can't help.  But, if you use a Pro Mini or any other board that can use serial communication, then the method I used (from a guide) will work.

This is the thread I was working through the issues in:
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=835