more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Spotify and homegenie  (Read 786 times)

July 25, 2016, 09:13:30 PM
Read 786 times

Peter1977

• Information
Hi i need some help/advice,

In my house i have several google chromecast audio devices to play music with spotify premium. I navigate spotify with an Android tablet.

Now what i would like to do is when I enter a certain room (motion sensor) that in that room music starts playing (spotify).

I don't really know how to do that and if that is possible. Maybe together with Tasker on the tablet?

Any advice?

Thanks

July 25, 2016, 10:41:05 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
HG can easily perform a task on motion with a script (Wizard, C#, etc).  If your desired action is web based (call to a web page), HG can definitely do it quite easily.  If you have some other way to call the command via a command line, HG can also do that easily.  If you need to construct something more complex (send json to an app or something), HG can probably do it, but it may require more programming experience.  I don't know how to interface with Spotify.

The alternative is to push the event to your device and have the device parse the command to do something.  That might be easier if the tablet is the one controlling the music currently.

July 27, 2016, 02:21:32 AM
Reply #2

petediscrete

• Information
Yes HG performs tasks like this very well. I've currently got it dimming room lights when I start a video and turning them on when I pause or stop a video in Kodi. The RPI IS acting as a light server to my HTPC running Ubuntu. Something very simple but very useful.

July 30, 2016, 11:45:51 AM
Reply #3

Peter1977

• Information
I'll try to let homegenie send a message to my tablet. And then let Tasker on my tablet receive that message and start certain playlists