more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Specific Dates for Power Counter and Expense?  (Read 878 times)

February 02, 2016, 01:50:53 AM
Read 878 times

sungkhum

• Information
Is there any way to get a report of my energy consumption based on certain dates rather than just a counter that increases exponentially? With the data analysis tab I can choose dates, but no total is given. And on the counter and expense tab, I can't choose any dates. I am trying to be able to compare my readings to my electric bill.

Thanks!

February 03, 2016, 02:05:26 PM
Reply #1

sungkhum

• Information
So I found I could use a sqlite browser and sort through homegenie_stats.db - but that is a bit of a pain. Is there really no easy way to choose dates and view the total watt usage during those dates?
Or has someone made a custom module that does this? Thanks for your help.

February 03, 2016, 05:20:28 PM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I don't use that tab, but is the Watt-hour field available?  That should be the data you need to review.  If it's there, you would need a delta between start and end total watt-hour to compare to your bill.

My power meter sensor provides instantaneous watts (W), total energy (kWh), and temperature.  In HG, I can look at the W data to see spikes from when the furnace or water heater kick on.  I can use the kWh data to see how the total usage has increased over time.  If I take the end reading and subtract the start reading, the difference will be what I'm charged for in that period.  So, if I know the bill dates, I can compare the data in that way.  I have only just gotten this working in HG, so I have not yet been able to compare the data to my electricity bill for confirmation this approach will work.  However, I have been watching the raw data, the electric bill, and the numbers on the meter for many, many months so I'm confident this approach is valid.

February 10, 2016, 10:24:46 AM
Reply #3

sungkhum

• Information
Thanks. Well, maybe as I have time I'll try and work up something that would be more automatic and share it here.