more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Go Control sensors How the heck do you clear tamper?  (Read 1025 times)

April 08, 2016, 07:57:41 PM
Read 1025 times

wolfer201

• Information
I got these go control zwave door and motion senors. I couldn't get the darn things to query without tripping the tamper switch. Now I have no clue how to reset the tamper. Anyone know? Im sure its just a parameter somewhere, but im still raw to z-wave and need some guidance.

The door senors are Model: WADWAZ-1

The manual says the following:

Alarm type = internal switch 0x07, Tamper switch = 0x07

Alarm Event = internal switch = 0x02, Tamper switch = 0x03

Alarm Level = internal switch = close 0x00; open 0xff, Tamper switch = 0xff

Im guessing the alarm level  for the tamper switch 0xff is the value i need to clear, but there is no edit variable ID field.

April 11, 2016, 06:09:47 AM
Reply #1

wolfer201

• Information
So I've learned a few things (which is dangerous). I think I figured out a work around, but please someone tell me if this was a dumb thing to do.

I still can't figure out if its possible to write to the alarm and tamper parameters on the door sensor node, but I discovered while the nodes send alarm value with every event, the tamper value is only transmitted when the tamper switch is triggered. so what i did was in the homegenie module list, i edited the sensor.trigger value for the node from 255 to 0.

Then I edited the javascript of the doorwindow widget, and i commented out line 37-39.

Code: [Select]
else if (alarm != null) {
            tamper = alarm.Value.replace(',', '.') * 1;
        }

This seemed to resolve my delemma, I dont always see a red tampered alert on the widget anymore unless I trigger the tamper switch. But being a novice, im not sure what if any negative implications making that change did.