more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HVAC in HG  (Read 921 times)

September 19, 2016, 04:55:57 PM
Read 921 times

mad

• Information
Hi,

I'm trying HG for HVAC, I have this components: USB controller, Thermostat valves with temperature sensor and relay for switch boiler.
My screnatio for using HG is:

1] Create thermostat for all valves
2] Create schedulers for all thermostat (setpoint temperature depend on time)
3] Create program with on/off switch boiler functionality depend if heating needed (iterate all of sensors and setpoint)
4] Optionally: Create own widget to visualize data from program (point number 3)

Because documentation and examples are insufficient, my question is if this scenario is correct or there is easy way.

Thanks, Michal

September 19, 2016, 05:05:22 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There is a thermostat module that you can utilize potentially.  I'm not sure if it can control your specific setup directly without modification, but rather than designing your own thermostat from scratch, you would be better off checking to see if this one would at least give you a framework to work with if not work out of the box.

September 19, 2016, 07:11:25 PM
Reply #2

mad

• Information
Hi,

thanks for reply. Problem with Generic thermostat is that module work in "classic" scenario - one temperature sensor and one relay. I'm building system with independent temperature for each room (and scheduling)

Relay will on only if same room has lower temp that set point.

I would like find function out of the box without own modules, but I don't find. Therefor my question in forum :)

September 20, 2016, 04:51:35 PM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
You will probably have to code your own solution as I don't recall anyone providing anything to work with multiple zones in that way.  I haven't looked at the thermostat code in a long time, but I suspect you might be able to use it as a framework for what you want.  If nothing else, it should provide some code snippets for things like turning the module on/off when the set point is reached.

November 17, 2016, 10:34:11 PM
Reply #4

GlenDLF

• Information
Michal,

I have taken the basic thermostat and modified it to use 3 relays - heat, cool and fan.  I think you may be able to add more temperature sensors to the basic thermostat module and
therefore use it to control multiple rooms.  You may need to also add code for different setpoints if you want each room at a different temperature.

I initially used the DHT11 sensor and then changed to the DHT22 sensor for a more precise reading.  However, each sensor would periodically give bogus readings which throws off the
thermostat.  Today, I have changed over to a 1wire sensor and am currently testing it for stability.

Glen

November 18, 2016, 08:52:38 PM
Reply #5

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
You can have as many thermostats as you need by configuring the app settings (see attacched file).