more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Some noobish struggling  (Read 545 times)

May 10, 2016, 05:02:32 AM
Read 545 times

tk

• Information
I've been fooling with HG for a little while and I'm pretty sure it's ideal for my long term goals. (Aquarium controls, monitoring, etc...) my current issue is along the lines of basic communication. I really hope I'm not repeating someone else's problems, but so far I haven't come across a similar issue.

HG (r519) is running on an RPI2 with a fresh install of Rasbian. Connected to the RPI (via USB, /dev/ttyACM0) is an Arduino UNO. A quick check, and the Arduino IDE software chats happily to it. I can send it the example sketches. Awesome.

In the HG Web interface, under the Program Groups List, I've made a group titled Arduino, inside it a program (type: Arduino Sketch) with the blink sketch in the sketch code tab. (There were compile errors until #include<Arduino.h> was inserted.)

Sketch
Code: [Select]
#include<Arduino.h>
void setup() {
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);   
  delay(100);             
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);   
  delay(100);             
}

Makefile
Code: [Select]
ARDUINO_DIR = /usr/share/arduino
BOARD_TAG    = uno
ARDUINO_PORT = /dev/ttyACM0
ARDUINO_LIBS =
include /usr/share/arduino/Arduino.mk

After a successful compile, I Click Actions -> Run and receive an error. ApplicationName='empty', CommandLine='-f -L uploadres.txt make upload', CurrentDirectory='/usr/local/bin/homegenie/programs/arduino/1000', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

I did check that directory, and uploadres.txt is not there,should it be? (I made a blank one, no change.)
Am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be appreciated, this seems like some pretty robust software, I'm still getting the hang of it.

May 11, 2016, 01:47:43 AM
Reply #1

tk

• Information
Just a followup for anyone who may come behind me with similar issues.

Problem resolved. Did another fresh install, (command line style) updated all the dependencies including the Arduino side, and don't forget to make sure you sudo apt-get install arduino-mk empty-expect ... I thought I did, maybe I didn't, dunno!