more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Wizard script proving unreliable  (Read 1548 times)

December 13, 2015, 05:57:27 PM
Read 1548 times

mrrrl2

• Information
I have a tilt sensor that I want to use to show the garage door is open and turn on some lights. Sensor works and I see the changes on the dashboard for the sensor. I set up a Wizard to turn on a light  (HomeAutomation.ZWave:2   Foyer Lights    Control.On) with the following trigger (HomeAutomation.ZWave:11   GarageDoor   Status.Level    Equals    1).

When I run the Wizard the light turns on. I have saved and enabled the Wizard. When I tilt the tilt sensor I see the changes on the dashboard and a few seconds later I see the light control on the dashboard turn on. But the actual light doesn't turn on. I reset the tilt sensor back to the other position, it changes on the dashboard. I manually turn the light control to off. Try again, it may or maynot work.

I made sure from the dashboard the light control works and it does. But the issue is when using the tilt sensor and the Wizard it unreliable, does work once in say ten times.

Any idea on why this is happening and what I can do to resolve.?

December 13, 2015, 08:15:25 PM
Reply #1

Zen

• Information
Some sensors report different values when triggered (may not be =1). You can monitor the log to make sure it is "1" or change the script from Status.Level=1 to Status.Level>0

December 13, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
Reply #2

mrrrl2

• Information
I know that the tilt sensor is triggering the script, on the dashboard the light indicator turns on, but the actual light does not. If I test the dashboard control for the light it works every time.

I don't understand why I can turn on the light via the dashboard control but why the script is not working, yet it shows the light on.

I tried your suggestion of >0 and get the same results.

It's not an issue with the script, but the light control not working correctly with the srcipt.

December 15, 2015, 08:36:08 PM
Reply #3

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer

January 05, 2016, 05:08:17 AM
Reply #4

mrrrl2

• Information
That seemed to have worked. I'll test more in the following days, but quick test, worked every time. On a side note, I installed but it shows updates available, but updater stalls at 508_509 decompressing.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:10:19 AM by mrrrl2 »

January 05, 2016, 11:51:52 AM
Reply #5

emerich

• Information

January 05, 2016, 06:45:37 PM
Reply #6

mrrrl2

• Information
Thanks. I ended up using the SSH command line to install the latest version.