more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Upgrade to r441 fails  (Read 1549 times)

December 06, 2014, 03:01:31 PM
Read 1549 times

jpscuba

• Information
I may have posted this incorrectly to the "Testing Release" section.  Please delete whichever one is incorrect.

I tried to install r441 from r431 using the GUI update button.  The update said it installed fine but when I checked the about box it said r431 and when I tried to go to some of the subpages like the interface subpage of configure the page would not load.  Some of the subpages would and some would not.  To recover I copied the "_update/oldfiles" back overtop the working files and things are back to working again with r431.

December 06, 2014, 05:52:07 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Are you using raspberry pi sdcard r431 as base release?
I just tried this on two different Pis (model B and A+). On the first one also tried a backup restore before upgrading.
On both everything went just fine.
Have you got any further detail about your configuration or perhaps errors that were shown in the update log?

Cheers,
g.

December 12, 2014, 08:23:23 PM
Reply #2

jpscuba

• Information
I am running the R431 Rasp Pi SDCard base.  I did not see any errors in the logs.  I will try it again this weekend after a backup and report back.

December 13, 2014, 03:40:25 PM
Reply #3

jpscuba

• Information
I tried the update to R441 this morning and it seems to have worked fine.  Everything is running as expected.