more G-Labs products

Author Topic: TESTING RELEASE  (Read 196254 times)

April 21, 2014, 12:33:46 AM
Reply #90

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I updated via the web UI to r366 and everything shows up as "undefined" now.  I tried restoring from my last backup and it still shows the same.  I Tried deleting the modules and recreating them but when I select "add module", the list is empty.

I was going to just download r366 and install manually via the gdebi, but I'm not seeing the installer.

April 21, 2014, 11:19:14 PM
Reply #91

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Can you upload a r366 debian image so I can just install that straight away?  I've somehow broken my setup and was hoping to just uninstall all HG install and start again from a known working config.

1) sudo dpkg --remove homegenie
2) sudo gdebi homegenie-beta_1.00.366_all.deb
3) restore backup image saved several versions ago

Maybe I'll have to skip step 3 and setup from scratch again.  I can't get r366 working no matter how I try to get there, so I'm hoping to get a ready-to-go installation.

April 21, 2014, 11:35:27 PM
Reply #92

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
I'll upload a new testing release tomorrow. I'm currently stressing the new XTenLib to ensure that everything is ok.
It will be included in the testing release as well so you can test.

Cheers,
g.

April 21, 2014, 11:37:18 PM
Reply #93

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Sounds good!

April 22, 2014, 12:11:23 AM
Reply #94

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Well Ben,

in this very moment here is already tomorrow  ;D
So I packed up the r367 deb package:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/homegenie/files/testing/

There are lot of debug messages in XTenLib, I will remove these after testing.

Cheers,
g.

April 22, 2014, 12:13:49 AM
Reply #95

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Tomorrow came early!  I'll test this tonight.

April 22, 2014, 01:20:09 PM
Reply #96

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hey Ben,

I replace r367 deb with a new one with better debugging. I will leave this always active from now on.
Also fixed:
- a bug when changing house codes, it was not updating modules list
- better handling of interface disconnect/reconnect

This is going to be the candidate for next public release.

Cheers,
g.

April 22, 2014, 06:48:31 PM
Reply #97

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I must have downloaded the image before the update.  When I look at the debug log I'm not getting anything more than the normal MIG activity (program activity, module status change, etc).  I did not see any X10 debug messages like you are showing in the attached image.

I did some testing and it looks like the HG interface runs much faster in regards to my little test C#.  The time for HG to process a command was up to 1 second before (time between when switch status changed and the light status changed).  When I ran r367 last night, the delta time was as little as 0.001 seconds though I did see at least one time where it was 0.3 seconds so it must depend on other things going on within HG at the time.  This represents the time between HG seeing an X10 command and when HG sends out the response.  Ideally, this would be 0.0 seconds, but 0.001s is probably close enough  ;)

I did notice that it was not possible to set up any advanced features on any of my modules.  When I selected "Add module" and selected the X10 address the only options are name, type, and energy usage.  I'll update to r367(new) tonight to see if this was just a fluke.

April 23, 2014, 08:13:10 AM
Reply #98

Jens

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

Feedback on R368:

adding modules (tested with shutter) gives a failure "Error saving modules!", see attached.

Pressing okay results in the rotating wait indicator.

It works most of the time with a second try.

This came up first after applying the html_r366.zip patch to r364 but I did not pay attention,
because I thought this was just due to the patch mechanism as such and I did not try further.

BTW, do you expect a different behaviour with shutters? The extended code is not in use yet - right?

Thanks
Jens

April 23, 2014, 03:01:14 PM
Reply #99

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Jens,

thanks for reporting, this is a known issue.

Cheers,
g.

April 23, 2014, 03:05:25 PM
Reply #100

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi X10 guys,

I've been working on XTenLib in the last two days.
Now I've completed the work so wondering if some of you can test it and report back.
It's the maximum speed I could achieve and I can say it's pretty faaaast. I can't think of optimizing it more than this.
I'm attacching the new library.
Please Ben whenever you have a chance to, just give it a try.

Cheers,
g.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:15:42 PM by Gene »

April 23, 2014, 03:15:36 PM
Reply #101

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Do I have to restart the HG service after swapping the DLL?  I will assume so just to make sure I deliver valid results.

April 23, 2014, 03:16:40 PM
Reply #102

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
1) download the dll again since I re-uploaded it (wrong file before)
2) stop homegenie
3) overwrite the dll with the new one
4) start homegenie

April 23, 2014, 03:19:18 PM
Reply #103

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
One note about XTenLib.

I made it store the last housecode/unit so to avoid sending the "address" repeatedly. But I am not sure when this has to be resent.
Also when receiving (eg from activehome or other hg) the last addressed module are stored and so when sending a command if the module is present in the last addressed, it won't re-send the address but just the command function.

g.

April 23, 2014, 03:29:25 PM
Reply #104

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
The standard works pretty close to that way.  The full implementation would allow you to send multiple house/unit codes of the same house code and then a command.  Sending another command is acceptable, too.  When a new house/unit code are sent, that's when it resets.

Example:  I want to turn on a set of lights on house code A.  Units are 2, 3, 4, and 5.  I then want to increase dim level to 100%.  This is what I can press on my Maxi controller (SC503):

A2
A3
A4
A5
ON
BRIGHT
BRIGHT
BRIGHT

The code sent shows up as:

A2
A3
A4
A5
A ON
A BRIGHT
A BRIGHT
A BRIGHT

This allows all of these lights to respond at the same time.  It works quites well!