more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How to setup the KNX interface?  (Read 486 times)

October 04, 2016, 01:22:49 PM
Read 486 times

Kai

• Information
Hi there,

i recently bought myself a home and i'm currently planning the elctrical installation.

I'm going to use KNX for all the light switches and so on.. A WAGO 750-889 will be connected to the KNX bus to do the actual switching. It will also handle a DALI interface for the lights and an SMI interface for the shutters.
All the ports and interfaces of the WAGO PLC will be available as KNX inputs/outputs and most of the programming will be done in ETS.

And now i'm looking for the right visualization. I've tried a few things already and last week i stumbled upon HomeGenie.
I'm having trouble connecting it to my test setup though..

Under configure, settings i have added the KNX interface. I set "remote endpoint IP address" to the address of my ip Gateway and the port to 3671, which should be the default port for that kind of stuff? (i also tried with the port field empty).

Then i added a light, set it to KNX device modules and the KNX Address to the group address of the light i wanted to switch.
The group address is 5/0/1. I tried typing in "5/0/1" and "5.0.1" but nothing happened.

Is this correct so far? How would i check if HomeGenie even connects to the Gateway?

Also, only "light" and "dimmer" have options for KNX. What about shutters, temperatures and everything else?

Thanks!

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?