more G-Labs products

Author Topic: RCS TZ45A Thermostat support  (Read 2855 times)

February 13, 2014, 02:37:57 AM
Read 2855 times

pmowry911

• Information
1st off, I love the software.  It's very easy to use and the interface is better than the others I have tried.  But my thermostat is not in the Pepper-one database.
 When I pull it in from the z-wave controller and tell it it is a Thermostat I get:
Manufacturer Specific = 0010:0001:0002
Supported Classes: 40, 42, 43, 44, 45, Configuration, Sensor Multi Level, Version, 81, Manufacturer Specific

But the only thing I see from it is a temperature reading that is way off base.  Does it need to be submitted to Pepper-one, or can I define it locally?  From another application I can see that ID 9 is current temp (type decimal),10 is the heating/cooling mode (List), 12 is the cooling point,etc. 

I have not come across anything saying thermostats are not supported yet, but if I'm jumping the gin please let me know.

Thank you,

-Patrick

February 13, 2014, 01:06:05 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
At the moment HG ZWaveLib do not implement thermostat and security (eg. door locks) command classes. Should be possible though getting status and sensor values, though you won't be able to configure set point and such.

Cheers,
g.

March 08, 2014, 01:59:34 PM
Reply #2

tonynelson

• Information
Hi Gene,

Thanks for that confirmation.  Do you have any plans to implement the thermostat command classes?  Should I be transferring this thread into the "feature request" section?

Really enjoying the software.

Cheers!

March 12, 2014, 01:23:24 AM
Reply #3

pmowry911

• Information
What would I need for tools to try and implement the Thermostat class?  I've only used C and C++ in my ancient past, so please no one count on me to be successful.  But i'd like to take a stab at it if no one else is working on it.  I'm running on Linux, but I have a Win7 system available if needed for development.

Thank you,

-Patrick

March 12, 2014, 02:39:18 PM
Reply #4

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Patrick,

Under Linux, you can use Monodevelop to make modifications, add features and build this projects.

Cheers
Dani

March 13, 2014, 03:14:55 AM
Reply #5

miket

• Information
Keep the forum up to date on this.  I'm hoping to get both Z wave door locks and thermostats and if it hasn't been written by the time I get them, I'll put some work into helping write these classes.  Both devices seem like cool additions, but I haven't decided which I want more!

April 15, 2014, 04:01:21 AM
Reply #6

pmowry911

• Information
I'm still working on it, but my ability is not there.  I'm still learning how home genie works, and C# in general.  I do not expect to be successful in the near future =(

April 15, 2014, 04:32:06 PM
Reply #7

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Speaking as a non-C# programmer, I can agree that the learning curve is fairly steep.  If you have coded in other languages, once you get past a certain level of understanding, you will quickly be able to get things working. 

The primary difficulty I had when starting was understanding that HG C# code IS NOT C# code.  It is written in C# and as a snippet is C#.  However, you can't use all of the features of the language as you might find documented at MSDN.  You can only use the core of the language and use only what objects and methods that are exposed to you via HG.

June 01, 2014, 03:46:19 AM
Reply #8

pmowry911

• Information
Just an update that I've made zero progress.  Adding command classes 40,42,43,44, and 45 for a thermostat seems pretty straight forward, but I'm having trouble with my development environments. Compiling with Xamarin Studio on the mac won't see my z-stick and gives me trouble with TckClientLib.  And my linux box is headless.  so every time I try to use monodevelop via X running on the MAC or windows 7 it freaks out shortly after i start typing, or every time I try to do a paste.  One of these weekends I'll put more effort in to fixing it, but I wanted to see if anyone else has started working on it.

Thanks,

-Patrick