more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HomeGenie Plus for Android  (Read 33073 times)

October 27, 2015, 08:15:53 PM
Reply #30

Acorlin

• Information
Gene--
The new version looks good for me so far.
2 questions--
Will it run on Android 2.3.1 Cruz tablets? I have 3 of them around the house I want to use for control. These do not have Google Play installed as a factory option. Is there a way to directly download the app?

I did not mind paying to test the new version.  I would like to use it on all three tablets if it can be loaded. Is payment for my personal use or for each instance?
Thank you.
Alan
AA6DW

October 27, 2015, 08:24:42 PM
Reply #31

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
it requires API level 14 and up, so it won't run on android 2. There's a free version of HomeGenie for Android that runs on 2.x as well.

g.

October 27, 2015, 08:50:37 PM
Reply #32

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I can't buy rrrrrrrrrr :
Code: [Select]
Erreur

Votre commande a été refusé, car elle est considérée comme présentant un risque élevé. Veuillez réessayer dans 30 minutes.
But i already have the same message yesterday ...

I will try to contact gmail support.

October 27, 2015, 09:35:51 PM
Reply #33

pim555

• Information
Wasn't quite sure where to post below so put this on Github (if that is not appropriate pls remove).

Have installed Homegenie Plus after using Homegenie Android for the last year. Like it a lot, also as pure mobile app. Couple of features I would think add further value:

- option to enable vibrate in the preferences menu to allow the device to vibrate shortly when selecting the switch/lamp/etc. to switch on or off. This helps in confirming the user that the button was actually pressed.
- option to customize the colors/styling of the UI. Personally I like the style (fonts, colors) of the standard Android app better. I guess that is quite subjective and as such it would be great if one could select a template.
- I run the app on a Galaxy s6 and for me, the widgets might even fold down smaller. I can see in some screenshots that multiple widgets sit on the same horizontal row but I dont see that on my phone. I am not sure what defines the layout but either having more control on that or an option to further fold down the widgets would be great.

Pim.

October 28, 2015, 12:46:32 AM
Reply #34

Acorlin

• Information
Gene--
My Cruz tablets do not have a native Google Play Store installed. I cannot download a version of the Play Store that will run on my tablets. I have tried 5 different versions.

Is the original HomeGenie Andorid available online anywhere for download so I can try and load it?
I have looked and cannot see a download area.

So far the Plus version has been up and running with no problems on my home control laptop.
Thank you.
Alan

October 28, 2015, 01:22:19 AM
Reply #35

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Acorlin,

just uploaded the HomeGenie .apk (the open source version):

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie-Android/releases/tag/v1.0.17

Cheers,
g.

October 28, 2015, 12:53:24 PM
Reply #36

KaZe

• Information
Hi Gene!

I think the crash bug has been fixed. It's works for me about 14 hours ago, and no crash.

October 28, 2015, 02:16:54 PM
Reply #37

Michel

• Information
Tablet Samsung SM-T800,running Android 5.0.2.
I had to uninstall HG+. I re-installed HG+, open it, do a Discovery to get the server address, select it, click Next, then HG+ crashed. Tried several times and always get a crash.

Running fine on my Nexus 5.

October 28, 2015, 02:41:28 PM
Reply #38

mvdarend

• Information
BTW, I found a new little bug. Status widget can't show information correctly. Attack the screenshots. "Szimuláció ideje" widget show well in browser and HomeGenie app, but HomGenie plus don't show everything.
Mine is also not showing the value of the homegenie/generic/status widget. (Edit, I see you've already recognised this problem.)

Is it also possible to remove the 'Battery n/a'  for non-battery powered devices?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:47:32 PM by mvdarend »

October 28, 2015, 03:23:50 PM
Reply #39

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Pim,

- option to enable vibrate in the preferences menu to allow the device to vibrate shortly when selecting the switch/lamp/etc. to switch on or off. This helps in confirming the user that the button was actually pressed.

the app already let you associate different notification sounds to each module. Did you try this feature?

g.

October 28, 2015, 03:25:27 PM
Reply #40

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Michel,

Tablet Samsung SM-T800,running Android 5.0.2.
I had to uninstall HG+. I re-installed HG+, open it, do a Discovery to get the server address, select it, click Next, then HG+ crashed. Tried several times and always get a crash.

Running fine on my Nexus 5.

can you send a report so I can see what is the source of the error and fix it.

Are you running latest updated version of the app?

October 28, 2015, 03:26:24 PM
Reply #41

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Is it also possible to remove the 'Battery n/a'  for non-battery powered devices?

then I wonder how to fill that empty space? Any suggestion? :)

October 28, 2015, 03:28:22 PM
Reply #42

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
TO @ALL:

is now available issue tracker on github:

https://github.com/genielabs/homegenie-plus-android/issues

It will be used to track all requests and current status of each.
if possible, please submit all your bug reports and feature requests there.

g.

October 28, 2015, 03:34:51 PM
Reply #43

mvdarend

• Information
then I wonder how to fill that empty space? Any suggestion? :)
To be honest I have no idea, but I think an empty space would be better than a status for a non-existent battery :) 

October 28, 2015, 03:52:45 PM
Reply #44

Michel

• Information
I sent the report to Google thru the crash screen. Is it Ok ?