more G-Labs products

Poll

how could I fix it

leave it without x10
0 (0%)
just let zstick only
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: aeon z stick and firecracker conflicting ports  (Read 1025 times)

June 14, 2015, 11:42:20 AM
Read 1025 times

jon

• Information
Hi all
I just added firecracker to my pi2 running zwave it works fine for couples of days. But now they both seems to be conflicting for same ports. And when it happens I have to keep reseting both ports beside homegenie server go off and I have to turn off the pi2 to get it back online.
I just decided to unplug firecracker  and let homegenie handle zstick only. But again homegenie should works with both protocol at the same time.
Please could any body spare some help on this issue.

Thanks,
Jon

June 14, 2015, 06:29:26 PM
Reply #1

jshan

• Information
I also have z-wave and firecracker, each using a USB port on RPi.  I had z-wave first and it worked fine.  Then I plugged in firecracker and it worked fine as well.  But, after the first power interruption, when the RPi came up, the port numbers changed and z-wave and firecracker did not work.  I re-configured HG (Z-wave port, firecracker port) and all worked.  After that, the ports stayed the same through power interruptions and both z-wave and firecracker work.  So, after a power interruption, do not unplug any USB's, just configure HG to use the correct ports.  If you plug/unplug USB's the OS may change the port numbers depending on where you have things plugged in.  At least, that's my understanding.  Good luck.

June 15, 2015, 03:05:44 AM
Reply #2

jon

• Information
Hi Jshan

In my case it just work for short time but how about the web server, it also get disconnected.
I guess that this behavior is a glitch of homegenie in the raspberry environment.  I read in homeseer forum
somebody with the same problem as mine but in homeseer3 pi2 and there a simple solution by just inserting some kind of fix in the homeseer folder.  Homegenie should not change of port or get the web server disconnected just because  of power interruption have to be a fix to prevent to happen.
Thanks for your sharing , l just unplugged firecracker and let the zstick only until a fix for using firecracker and zstick at same time.

Cheers,
Jon