more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Widgets not working correctly  (Read 3756 times)

April 16, 2014, 04:12:09 AM
Read 3756 times

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I have the WeatherUnderground widget turned on and the EarthTools widget turned off.  In my Dashboard group, I have the WU widget shown by default but it doesn't show anything.  I deleted the WU widget and went to add it back in, but found a problem.  WU is not listed but ET is (even though it's turned off).  I turned ET on, but WU is still not there.  Even stranger, with ET turned off, if I try to add a widget to the Dashboard, I can still select ET.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:15:35 PM by bkenobi »

April 16, 2014, 04:20:28 AM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I restarted the Raspi and checked again and now WU seems to work correctly.  I selected add module and ET still showed up even though it is still turned off.

April 17, 2014, 05:31:01 AM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I logged back on to the web interface this evening and found that both the Weather Underground and the jkUtils widgets failed to display.  I restarted the Raspi and WU works, but jkUtils still does not.  I'm not sure what's going on at this point.

The only thing I was able to do that seemed to fix this was restarting the Raspi and then going to the Automation item and selecting "Restart".  This is a new issue for me in the latest version.

April 17, 2014, 09:21:18 PM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I modified the title of the thread to be more indicative of the actual issue.  It appears that for some reason widgets on my Raspi are not working consistently for an extended time.  I have not yet determined anything that is causing this, though.  It's not limited to WU (thus the title change) as I have seen this with Earth Tools and jkUtils as well.  I have not tried any other widgets so I can only assume this is more widespread for me.  If I can't figure out a way to isolate the issue, I may back everything up and write a new image of r364. 

For reference, I believe I installed r360 Raspi image and upgraded to r364 immediately via the web interface.  I set the system up from scratch since my backups were causing issues.  I only have 4 X10 modules and 2 widgets set up.  I also disabled the majority of the programs and added 3 of my own.  The Raspi has a CM15A attached.  I would consider this a pretty bare bones setup currently.

April 17, 2014, 09:44:43 PM
Reply #4

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Ben,

I'm using r364 from latest sd card and the problem is not occurring. There's also some other user who reported the same problem you are experiencing but I didn't find a way to replicate it.

Cheers,
g.

April 17, 2014, 10:09:53 PM
Reply #5

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I will try starting from scratch again then.

April 19, 2014, 05:37:40 PM
Reply #6

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Ben,

have you been able to replicate the issue?
Today I noticed that the Options/Features from Security Alarm System were not showing.
I think the problem is related to the one you are reporting.
I made some changes to HG in order to fix this.
If you can replicate, I will send you the patch for testing.

Thanks!
g.

April 19, 2014, 07:31:30 PM
Reply #7

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I was working through some network issues yesterday and did not get a chance to reinstall.  In my current configuration I am still experiencing the issue.

April 19, 2014, 07:45:28 PM
Reply #8

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Did you notice if that happened after installing an update from the UI updater?

g.

April 19, 2014, 08:01:26 PM
Reply #9

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I thought I updated HG from r360 to r364 via the command line, but after checking my command history file it looks like I updated via the web UI.  I have not used the web UI to update in some time, so that could be the cause.

April 20, 2014, 08:09:36 PM
Reply #10

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
So did it happen again? It happened again to me =/ But I also found and fixed the bug.
If you can replicate somehow, please test the attached fix and let me know.

g.

April 21, 2014, 12:37:03 AM
Reply #11

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Does this install r366 as well?  I'm not seeing r366 on the files sourceforge page.

April 21, 2014, 01:27:11 AM
Reply #12

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
You can update to r366 from the UI. This zip is a fix to the main HomeGenie.exe file that is not included in the r366 update.

g.

April 21, 2014, 01:39:14 AM
Reply #13

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I'll give it a try.  I am currently having issues with r364 after uninstalling/reinstalling.  I'll try r360 again and if that doesn't get me going again, I'll have to reflash the card.