more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Energy monitor with Fibaro and Sensor.Power  (Read 1686 times)

June 02, 2015, 09:02:28 AM
Read 1686 times

maccosx

• Information
Hi all,

i'm new to homegenie and i'm starting to understand how the components interact between each other. I finally managed to have my Fibaro roller shutte FGRM-222 joined in my zwave network with RaZberry (even if the read timeouts are constantly there but i'm not sure is something relevant and just cosmetic ).

What i cannot figure out is how energy monitor is supposed to work (or which parameters need to work on fibaro shutter)...what i understood looking at the source code of program energy monitor (i have some background of programming but its not my job) is that energy monitor run in a loop looking for each modules that has Meter.Watts parameter and that read it and do some stuf with it and finally abracadabra the chart on dashboard appears.

With this Fibaro switch (FGRM-222) energy monitor stay always to 0, what i noticed instead is that Fibaro seems to report watts usage through parameter Sensor.Power and not Meter.Watts (look to screenshot in attach).
What i tried to do is to change all the occurences of "Meter.watts", in energy monitor source code, with "Sensor.Power" and now i can see some numbers on the energy monitor label (actually its always the same numbers stucked there), but not in the chart (screenshots).

May with just 1 switch i shouldn't expect pipes and lines in the chart because there are not enough watts to have a mean value to draw on the chart...or maybe Fibaro is doing it wrong and i need to do some modification which i don't know

Anyone can help me?
Thanks
Cristiano

June 05, 2015, 03:20:39 PM
Reply #1

maccosx

• Information
I have now 2 roller shutter (same model). I moved back the energy moniotr script to look for Meter.Watts for every modules.

Now Energy monitor widget show me 1 device, while the new one is not showing...
If i look into module configuration i can see the old one has Meter.Watts feature while the new not (for both modules i set the power report and other parameter useful to trigger power reports to homegenie)

Anyway the energy monitor doesn't show any type of graph  :'(

Any help?

Cristiano

August 18, 2015, 09:54:08 PM
Reply #2

maccosx

• Information
Hi,

for future reference:

- in order to have the parameter Meter.Watts appear in the module just ask (get) for watts value in the configuration of that module
- i had some problem with statistic db get corrupted (i don't know why) since after restoring it with a fresh one taken from this post: http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=976.msg5956#msg5956 everything start working

anyway i'm still not able to see watts reports when fibaro shutter move. i'm only able to see them when they are stopped and their meter.watts is fix to 0.7 since this is the power drain when stopped.

As soon as i move up or down a blind then they report it as Sensor.Power but nothing change in energy monitor, see attach.

Cristiano