more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How do i get the energy chart to work?  (Read 5376 times)

June 24, 2015, 07:25:14 AM
Read 5376 times

naps1saps

• Information
The chart widget shows my watts from the hem but does not record them on the chart.  What am I missing?  Also the kWh counter stays at 0.

June 24, 2015, 04:39:10 PM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I get HEM G2 meter home counter from AEOnLabs and charts of Watts works. It's recorded in Statistics.
For get kWh you have to set parameters of the node correctly in accordance with constructor specs.

Cheers
Dani

June 25, 2015, 05:25:27 AM
Reply #2

naps1saps

• Information
I have the aeon labs hem and the latest HG release (493) but I only have one variable to change with no description. Pepper-one finds the device with picture.  Is the device not being recognized or configured correctly?

I don't have statistics but it sounds familiar.  There were a lot of GUI changes just recently.  Do you have a previous version of HG?

Attached is what I see.  Also, it is averaging sensor 1&2 instead of adding them.  Is this correct for a 220v double pole box?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:36:42 AM by naps1saps »

June 25, 2015, 07:50:57 AM
Reply #3

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
What is the Manufacturer specific code as 0086:0002:001C for HEM G2 (4Wires-3Phases - Meter Power) ?
I don't understand what are that  files you post. Can you join only screenshot of parameter (I suppose 101) ? And modules.xml file ?

June 25, 2015, 09:46:29 PM
Reply #4

naps1saps

• Information
Sorry those were windows xps prints, didn't have a way to get a screen shot last night.

at first it was 0086:0002:001c then it changed to 0086:0002:0009, same options.

Modules page does not exist anymore, it's called groups now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:50:22 PM by naps1saps »

June 25, 2015, 10:19:16 PM
Reply #5

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It's not possible that Manfacturer specific change.
I have the module 0086:0002:001C and it's a 4 wires/3 Phases it work only with 380v between phases.

In the second screenshot I want to see Variable 101. Can you make Get for it. And get Node Group 1 also.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:21:28 PM by dani »

June 26, 2015, 08:14:12 AM
Reply #6

naps1saps

• Information
The only variable available to select and get is 1.  Is node group different from node group ID?  I have group ID 1 added.

when I first hooked it up I remember going through the forum and the file was for 0009 but mine showed 001c. Then later (minutes) it was 0009.  I was so confused.  This is the dual clamp version but has a permanent plug on the 3rd phase hole.

June 28, 2015, 04:35:36 PM
Reply #7

vortmax

• Information
Something changed in the latest software update.  On the old version, I was able to enumerate and change all the variables.  With the new software, the only one I can select is 1.  I'm still trying to track down what's different.

June 28, 2015, 04:36:50 PM
Reply #8

vortmax

• Information
I get HEM G2 meter home counter from AEOnLabs and charts of Watts works. It's recorded in Statistics.
For get kWh you have to set parameters of the node correctly in accordance with constructor specs.

Cheers
Dani

Can you elaborate on this some more or point me towards the section of the documentation?

June 29, 2015, 09:51:07 PM
Reply #9

naps1saps

• Information
There is a file for the device ID on another thread.  When I get time I'm going to try and add that file and see if it fixes the problem.

July 01, 2015, 04:33:36 AM
Reply #10

naps1saps

• Information
I updated the pepper1 file in the db located here:
C:\Program Files\HomeGenie\html\ext\zwave\pepper1db

I have attached the json file.  I now have a box to type in the variable instead of a drop down.  I am now getting the values for the different variables.

101 = 0 by default.  Also changed 1 = 120v (110v default)

What value should var 101 = ?

You can find the available vars and values here:
http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/65

July 01, 2015, 05:23:42 AM
Reply #11

naps1saps

• Information
I think there must be a bug with the new update r493 because there is a poll function now for watts that I don't think existed in the previous version.  I think this grabs the watts manually instead of needing to configure the report settings in the device.

August 15, 2015, 08:36:26 AM
Reply #12

bjp

• Information
I'm having basically this same problem (I think) and still haven't been able to resolve it yet.  I downloaded the replacement 0086_0002_0009.json on this thread into ext/pepper1db.  The replacement file is 63k while the file that was there previously was only 3k -- seem promising.  But, even after restarting the service (Configure -> Maintenance -> System Options -> Restart), there is still only one variable available in the Variable Id dropdown under Configuration Variables.

I also have Aeon Smart Energy Switches and they seem to work fine.  When I go to their setup screens and click Get under Node Information, the Configuration Variables:Variable Id dropdown gets populated with 16 well-documented variables.  When I do the same thing with my Home Energy Monitor, the query seems to go fine, but then nothing on the page (including the Variable Id dropdown) changes when the query is complete.

I've already asked this question on the G+ forum: https://plus.google.com/113985424588632264482/posts/BoFPMSNAzDu
But, no response beyond a clarifying question.  Here is the abbreviated content, copied here for convenience:
---
Ben: HG works great with my Aeon Smart Energy Switches and Everspring temp/humidity sensor.  But, it doesn't seem to work with my Aeon Home Energy Monitors.  Specifically, when I go to the setup screen, there is only one "Variable Id" under "Configuration Variables".  With the switches, there are many useful variables in this spot.  Getting the value of channels 1 and 2 under "Multi Instance/Channel" seems to report wattage, but channels 3 and above time out.  Clicking Get under "Meter" does nothing (not even a time out).  I'm a reasonably competent developer; is there some place specific I can look to see what's going wrong here?  Perhaps the wrong XML is being pulled from pepper1?

HomeGenie: what is the Node Information Frame of your device like?

Ben: The result from http://192.168.1.99/api/HomeAutomation.ZWave/5/NodeInfo.Get is [{"ResponseValue":"04 21 01 70 31 72 86 32 80 85 60"}] for the Smart Energy Monitor.  The Smart Energy Switches (which work) return [{"ResponseValue":"04 10 01 25 31 32 27 70 85 72 86 EF 82"}].

Ben: Here's another result I'd think would be interesting: http://benpelletier.com/HEM_Modules.Get.txt

When I used this same device with my Almond+ router, it exposed many information channels -- each clamp individually and the sum of both clamps power, energy, and current, and voltage for each clamp individually.
---

Any ideas?

September 25, 2015, 06:59:08 PM
Reply #13

stefbrodu

• Information
  • Newbie @ HG but not in electronics and progr.
Hello !

I'm new to home automation and HG.
Not really a newbie in programing but C#, java, etc are not really in my field of knowledge. And the Web / HG interface and IDE is a little bit disturbing for me. I'm still reading to understand all the pieces of the game.
Anyway.. I can tell you this about your thread : pardon me if I'm out of field or if this is obvious but just in case :

It's been a week at least that I'm working on HG and the AEON HEM device.
I bought two devices : one HEM generation 1 and one HEM 2nd edition (HEM G2)...

I think you're problem is due to the fact that the json file you have or you have associated the module with is for the first edition (generation) of the HEM, while you've got a HEM G2 in hands.

The dropdown list you are looking for is present in the HEM G2 module, but not in the HEM G1 one.
Here are 3 screen shots :
1) the way I go into the param. window from the Home screen
2) param for a HEM Gen 1
3) param for a HEM Gen 2 (I selected param 101)
Hope this will help !  :-)

PS : What is the best tool to make screen shot of scrolling area in a web browser without having to take multiple screen shots and having to rebuild the whole picture by hand ?

SB

SB.
Together, let us be who we really are !  :-)

September 26, 2015, 04:49:44 PM
Reply #14

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
HEM G2 json file (0086:0002:001C Manufacturer specific) is for the AOEN Labs 3 clamps. I got that sensor and it works perfectly for me, I have adjust that file for HG, and now all parameters are describe correctly. It must be used only in 3 wires (3 phases) installation.
I don't have HEM G1 so I cannot adjust the json file for that sensor.
It you have any question about G2 I can help you. And if you have the technical sheet of HEM G1 you can adapt the adequat json file for get the list of all parameters and their comment in the setup screen

Cheers
Dani
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 05:00:34 PM by dani »