more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Power reading on Everspring AN158  (Read 1608 times)

February 20, 2014, 06:24:28 PM
Read 1608 times

albatorsk

• Information
Hi!

I've recently started using HomeGenie 1.00 beta 333 on a RaspberryPi with an Aeotec Z-Stick S2. I'm amazed at how easy it was to get started, and how complete the HomeGenie software is. A big thank you to the developer(s)!

Anyway, I've managed to pair the Z-Stick with a couple of Everspring AN158 which is a on/off power switch with power reading built in, and set it up in HomeGenie. The on/off function is working perfectly, but the power reading seems to be way off. For example, on a lamp which should be using 11W, the reading is about 983W, and for another light that's classified as 28W, the reading is about 1901W, which is clearly way, way off.

As I said, I'm completely new to the HomeGenie and Z-Wave world, so any help where I should start looking to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone here had any similar issues? I searched for AN158 in this forum but got 0 hits.

Thanks in advance!

February 28, 2014, 05:46:07 PM
Reply #1

albatorsk

• Information
I've tested with another watt meter, and it turns out that the reading reported by the AN158 is correct if I divide it by 70. So, for example, the floor lamp reporting a usage of 1966 watts divided by 70 is 28, which is the real usage. I've verified this by trying two different AN158 on two different lamps. What's the easiest way to add this divider to the module in Homegenie displaying the results?

Thanks.

November 30, 2015, 10:37:30 AM
Reply #2

sungkhum

• Information
Any luck with this? I know it's been a while.
I also have an AN158 re-branded as e-Domotica and the watt measurement is not working (different than your problem). It just hovers around 3 watts (2.1 to 3.3 about) regardless of what is plugged into it...
Not sure what the issue is.